Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DoorGunner

Amazing songs and music.

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

Amazing how a song can take you back in time in an instant. My songs are from the late 60's and early 70's and certain ones can transport me back to when and where I was when it first played. Nothing else comes close to doing that. Just about everything else in life changes as we age but the songs of our youth just keep playing on. Certain songs can take me back to some very special times or events and as soon as I hear it again I'm there. My most favorite is Ob-La-De, Ob-La-Da by the Beatles. Do old songs take you guys back? 

Nine inch nails-wish. First concert at Madison square garden. The guy behind me and girlfriend at the time, hands us a joint to take a few drags of. Craziest s*** I ever smoked, laced with pcp 

Yes, the old songs take me back everyday. Most take me to the same time period you mentioned. Cream, Hendrix,DC5,Joe Jeffrey Group,Traffic, Booker T and the MG's, Motown,CCR, Sugarloaf,Stones, Vanilla Fudge,Uriah Heep, Beach Boys,Gary Puckett,The Who and on and on.

Edited by Capt Buck

There is also a lot of good music now-a-days too.I prefer not to live in the past.I'll pull out the old albums on occasion....yes,I still listen to vinyl,but while classic,they are also very dated.