Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shanation

stirring my own pot

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

already posted this vid in the maine section but i wanted to throw it on here and ask you guys for some advice, opinion, on whatever catches your eye. i dont get the chance to fish with many "experienced" fishermen very often so itd be cool to hear what you guys have to say. im curious to hear what some guys would have done to hook up during the later part of the video. Im hoping your input will not only be insightful to me, but to other guys on here as well. oh and i use pretty cheap gear so if you have a comment in regards to buying this or that save yourself some typing, theres plenty of gear talk on the main page. thanks

Edited by TimS
Please don't post links to your social media channels here, you can embed an appropriate video...not a link. Thanks.

it looked like just a few fish and a lot of bait, which can be tough conditions to hook up in.

if i had that in front of me i'd be throwing a bucktail underneath or around the edges, or a rubber shad. i know you see them busting on top, but there is more feeding going on down below then up top.

57 mins ago, rocco said:

it looked like just a few fish and a lot of bait, which can be tough conditions to hook up in.

if i had that in front of me i'd be throwing a bucktail underneath or around the edges, or a rubber shad. i know you see them busting on top, but there is more feeding going on down below then up top.

Agreed. I know when I see fish busting my automatic go to is top water. If I don't hook up within a dozen casts I'll do as Rocco said, or try a tin of some sort. Soft plastics reeled slow with a twitch or 2 every few turns usually hits the spot too. Make it look like dying bait, easy pickings. I've had situations a few times where there was fish busting all over the place, but there was so much bait in the water my offerings barely got a sniff. You basically need to get lucky and drag your lure across the fishes face for them to hit it.

Bucktail. Watch direction they are moving. Cast parrel to the beach behind them. Pick up the fat lazy bastard ones who are eating the leftovers.

20 hours ago, shanation said:

https://youtu.be/laz-YYEqOtk already posted this vid in the maine section but i wanted to throw it on here and ask you guys for some advice, opinion, on whatever catches your eye. i dont get the chance to fish with many "experienced" fishermen very often so itd be cool to hear what you guys have to say. im curious to hear what some guys would have done to hook up during the later part of the video. Im hoping your input will not only be insightful to me, but to other guys on here as well. oh and i use pretty cheap gear so if you have a comment in regards to buying this or that save yourself some typing, theres plenty of gear talk on the main page. thanks

next time there blitz'in, call me

nice video...;)

Lou

Edited by Lou T

Concentrate more on the fish and catching them with your rod and less on the camera. Bucktails and shads like others have said. Looks like a nice spot enjoy the fishing  

i had a feeling i should have thrown on a 9 inch sluggo or swim shad but i was definitely more focused on filming then fishing. no regrets tho, was an awesome experience. what else you guys got, any fly guys wanna chime in, i was surprised when i watched the first slow mo clip of my cast and how the rod tip flexed forward pretty drastically. oh and thanx lou t, id call but cell service on the islands isnt greatest :cool: