schools closing for heat

Rate this topic

HugeDinghy

Maryland Governor ripped Baltimore City and county for not having all their schools air conditioned after we pay umpteen billion dollars a year for education.

I bet the administration offices are so cold their nipples could cut diamonds, but the reason for their being is sweltering.

Gov said he tried to hold the administrators accountable, but you know how well that went over.

Material abundance without character is the path of destruction.
-Thomas Jefferson
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.
-Soren Kierkegaard

We had 1/2 days last week on Tues and Wed.  No AC.  Umm no wait, there is AC in the admin offices but not the classrooms.

A good number of classrooms in my building have no windows.  Interior rooms.  Horrible building design.  The temps have been recorded as 88 degrees in those rooms on some days.  Ventilation as a whole is poor in the building but i feel for the people who have the rooms with no windows.

last year was the first year we went back in Aug.  There was a district north of me that went back after labor day last year and they used too many snowdays and had to make up the days on saturdays in april and may.  Not sure if they went back warlier this year.

10 hours ago, dena said:

Maryland Governor ripped Baltimore City and county for not having all their schools air conditioned after we pay umpteen billion dollars a year for education.

I bet the administration offices are so cold their nipples could cut diamonds, but the reason for their being is sweltering.

Gov said he tried to hold the administrators accountable, but you know how well that went over.

P.G. County on a heat early dismissal today.  Did  you hear the stat on how many of their kids couldn't pass a single bench mark?

Actually, that may have been Baltimore.

"all of jase's posts are valid." -Otter

26 mins ago, Sandflee said:

Most kids today are fat, they overheat quickly

think of it as one of them Indian hot tent thingies,  they might get enlightened!

how lucky am i

to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard

Shooting a coon in a 60ft tree out of a boat in the dark holding a flashlight can be tricky. ..

Just got a text from the school district saying how tomorrow (first day back) will be a half day. 

To touch on what dena said, I pay over 10k in property taxes and there's only one school in town. The district has 5 total but all others are in the neighboring town. Anyway, why the hell is there no AC in these buildings!?

I never had school cancelled or cut short for heat. Total BS. I should have been a teacher. 

21 mins ago, Scallywag said:

Just got a text from the school district saying how tomorrow (first day back) will be a half day. 

To touch on what dena said, I pay over 10k in property taxes and there's only one school in town. The district has 5 total but all others are in the neighboring town. Anyway, why the hell is there no AC in these buildings!?

I never had school cancelled or cut short for heat. Total BS. I should have been a teacher. 

Regional high school?