flyangler

Bob Woodward New Book Drops During Kavanaugh Circus, Why?

Rate this topic

45 posts in this topic

It is a publisher’s decision but why would they drop the book THIS week, why not next week? Why release it during the period where the confirmation battle will consume so much of the news cycle? 

Seriously, this is catnip to the DC chattering class and they just might overdose. 

OR, if the Dems can’t lay a hand on Kavanaugh, they will all pivot to the Woodward book and smother the uncooperative hearing with Woodward. 

Edited by tomkaz

3 mins ago, Billybob said:

I thought the book was being released on 9/11?

I think that’s correct.  Some bits released for marketing, pre-release bookings on Amazon.  

Maybe it's to cover up his partners crooked lies over at CNN.

Or maybe, it was to take away some of the ratings from that other great book recently released by OMN.

14 mins ago, tomkaz said:

It is a publisher’s decision but why would they drop the book THIS week, why not next week? Why release it during the period where the confirmation battle will consume so much of the news cycle? 

Seriously, this is catnip to the DC chattering class and they just might overdose. 

OR, if the Dems can’t lay a hand on Kavanaugh, they will all pivot to the Woodward book and smother the uncooperative hearing with Woodward. 

No need to see a conspiracy or coordinated political action about every facet of life.

The book is still scheduled to release on 9/11 as had been planned for some time. No need to read into it anymore than that.

Kind of burying the lead aren't we? You're more worried about timing than Trump's staff stealing memos off his desk in the name of national security??

Whether you agree with their actions or not, support Trump or not, that's a pretty huge deal in my opinion. 

What does it matter?  We all know by now that we are seeing, hearing and reading isn't the truth (which itself isn't even the truth) unless it comes from Fox news, un-named sources or True Pundit.  

Who cares about the book or the timing of its release? 

My point was on the timing of the release, which appears to be next week. I was in error but based on the amount of content that the WaPo is talking about, I will excuse myself. 

I am commenting on content in this thread, will leave that for other threads. 

38 mins ago, The Dude said:

No need to see a conspiracy or coordinated political action about every facet of life.

The book is still scheduled to release on 9/11 as had been planned for some time. No need to read into it anymore than that.

These people (The Resistance) don’t make a move without careful planning... it’s all orchestrated and timed for maximum effect  if at all possible.

this isn’t a secret BTW

2 mins ago, Mike S123 said:

I think it's awesome. More juice for the soap opera. 

I put it right up there with tourists taking selfies at the reflecting pools.

So it appears the publisher announced on July 30th that the book was going to be published on Sept 11. So this really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Maybe Mitch decided to start the hearings today to try and take some of the heat off what the book is all about. Get people thinking about something else.