flyangler

Rahm Emanuel Won’t Be Down for Governor’s Breakfast in November

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Incumbent mayor of Chicago, Rahm Emanuel, will NOT be running for re-election in November. This is a stunning reversal of prior decision and will roil Chicago Democrat politics. 

Is it possible that the continued violence on the streets of Chicago have taken a high political toll as well? 

1 min ago, Stonesipher said:

Embarrassment to the party. Swamp creature from Wall Street. Should be right up Trumps ally

Creature from Wall Street? Are you serious? 

WJC campaign 1992

Clinton WH 1993

Wasserstein Perella for 2.5 years from 1998 (hired for his banking skills?)

Ran for Blago’s seat in 2002, held seat 2003-2009

Appointed Obama’s CoS after 2008 election

Resigns to run for Mayor Oct 2010. 

Tell us exactly how he is a creature of Wall Street. He’s a political operative who was hired for his connections, for a brief stint at a M&A firm. 

And what does Trump have to do with your comment? 

Your hatred knows no bounds. 

his comment about it not happening in every section of the city, in response to one weekend where 30 million people got shot, is still one of the craziest things ive heard a politician say. 

53 mins ago, Stonesipher said:

Embarrassment to the party. Swamp creature from Wall Street. Should be right up Trumps ally

This is typically too funny.  But...but...Trump!!! 

This guy is a typical lib and a typical mayor of a typical big American city.  In other words, a panderer who has allowed parts of his city to be unlivable and lawless and rotting.  And there are parts of this lawlessness and bloodletting in every Democratic Party run city.  Why is that??

Chicago is a disgrace to the entire nation but it is just representative of what the Dem. Party and liberalism will do to a place and a people if it is around long enough.  See Detroit, Baltimore, Atlanta, Philly, St. Louis, etc., etc., etc.

But...but... Trump!!!!  Joke

Liberalism is Leprosy

1 hour ago, HugeDinghy said:

Chicago is actually pretty cool. read something crazy like 90% of shootings are on three streets. (the point he was trying to make in my above post). 

But the cops and the Dem politicians are in cahoots with the gangs to keep it that way. Don’t expand the violence and we (the law) won’t come in and mess up whatever you have going on. 

I always wondered why Rahm wanted to be mayor of Chicago.

It always seemed to me to be a no win job. Chicago is dirty to the core. Everyone on the take.

Crime is out of hand, the city is broke, and on an unsustainable spending orgy due to their public pensions. The state is in no better shape to give the city a hand. It just seemed like a job that carried more bad than the feather in your cap of being a mayor.

It isn't like the guy ever had an original idea on how to get a handle on things.

He was just going to drive the bus closer and faster toward the cliff, and hope it did not go over on his watch. The guy has no clue where the brake pedal is, just mash the gas, and hold on.

So, to me this is not a surprise.

How did he get away with pointing that out without marches in protest and a little helium balloon in effigy and my union donating some of my dues to the Southern Poverty Law Center?