Wire For Fire

Job interview

Rate this topic

470 posts in this topic

Well tomorrow I got an interview for in house electrician job for some big pharma company .. been at same job now 7 years and while it been a great learning experience the money’s just not here and bosses cheap as sin, nickel and diming us everywhere they can and raises way few and far between ... 

came across there listing and spruced up my resume and sent it .. next day get email back they want to have phone interview so I did .. then hr lady tells me it might be a week or so till I hear back from them .. then next morning she calls and says they want to do interview..

so any advice would be great.. it been a long time since I had to do one of these things and I threw a big number at them and they seemed ok with it so getting this job would help my family big time .. 

Wear a suit. Ask questions. "What's a typical day here like?" is good if you cant think of anything. I always ask about turnover and morale. Be confident. Don't say too much. Dont curse. Wear a suit.

It helps to do it on a day when it's less than 100 degrees. The last job interview I went on, it was so hot that I was like Albert Brooks in Broadcast News: I was a dripping, sweaty mess before I even got there. I'm convinced that this is a reason I didn't get the job (the other is that I'm dangerously incompetent).

Avoid this if you can.

1 min ago, fishinambition said:

Wear a suit. Ask questions. "What's a typical day here like?" is good if you cant think of anything. I always ask about turnover and morale. Be confident. Don't say too much. Dont curse. Wear a suit.

I know you have had like 1000000000 imaginary jobs but think a suit needed .. this ain’t no desk job ... my roughed up beat up hands should be all they need to see 

Just now, Wire For Fire said:

I know you have had like 1000000000 imaginary jobs but think a suit needed .. this ain’t no desk job ... my roughed up beat up hands should be all they need to see 

Dont put too much faith in Tavern jokes when it comes to this. Ima great interview with a very high job offer rate. I wouldn't dream of not wearing a suit to an interview, any interview.

6 mins ago, Wire For Fire said:

I think you should definitely wear a suit!

adult-dotted-clown-costume.jpg

Do you have to deal with low voltage in this position?

Controls, security, and network (Ethernet ) certification are good fields for an electrician to branch into.

Energy management is also a good way to go.

Power bills are huge, and any insight into lowering it is a good thing.

(Led lighting changes)

11 mins ago, fishinambition said:

Wear a suit. Don't ask stupid interview questions. It's good to have questions (if you have any) but not just for the sake of asking questions. Be nice and charming with the hr bitches then, hopefully you'll be talking to other electricians for the real part of the interview. Then be yourself, let them know you know your business..,., once that's out of the way..,, talk sharkin.

Edited by Lagerhead

8 mins ago, Wire For Fire said:

Noted ... burn a j before or after ?? 

After the offer and the assumed drug testing results are in.  Do some research, know as much as you can about the company.  Ask questions.  Good luck