Fishy4335

Reel that can be Dunked, Swimmed, Washing machines, Slammed on rocks?!

Rate this topic

46 posts in this topic

7 mins ago, Drew C. said:

Stella, that’s what you want. 

He’s right. Destroy them every year and let shimano deal with the aftermath. All these have new gears and all sorts of bearings and parts! They just keep fixing them

CFC6FF9F-C6BC-4924-BF1A-FBA69CBB385E.jpeg

14 mins ago, Drew C. said:

Stella, that’s what you want. 

Stella can’t be dunk. It will rust up faster than an old lady dries up

They are fully sealed, and if you get a new one or send them back in due to water intrusion they will add beefed up seals.  I have had water intrusion 2x requiring them to be sent back and have multiple parts and seals repaired.  The latest fix has it feeling more like a VS due to new beefed up seals.  Was told they sacrificed water intrusion for smoothness, and have now realized the magnitude of the issue.  The VR's are also lighter and not quite as solid.  VS will take more of a physical beating, its just build more solid and compact

1 hour ago, Kooky said:

They are fully sealed, and if you get a new one or send them back in due to water intrusion they will add beefed up seals.  I have had water intrusion 2x requiring them to be sent back and have multiple parts and seals repaired.  The latest fix has it feeling more like a VS due to new beefed up seals.  Was told they sacrificed water intrusion for smoothness, and have now realized the magnitude of the issue.  The VR's are also lighter and not quite as solid.  VS will take more of a physical beating, its just build more solid and compact

Appreciate the info, its too bad those seals are sometimes failing. But at least theyll fix em for you. Given the $ you save compared to the VS, it still seems like it may be worth it

Use a Gatorade bottle. The 16.9oz size is perfect for casting and dropping on rocks and if you close the lid tight it is waterproof

Edited by quan808

1 min ago, quan808 said:

Use a Gatorade bottle. The 16.9oz size is perfect for casting and dropping on rocks

ROFL. I was going to suggest a coke bottle. Personal taste I guess.