TranClanXT

2004 LC100 210k miles!

38 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, connman said:

Any recommendation for replacement cv's ? OEM or other like brand NAPA

I’m reading not to cheap out on those. So def oem 

@Kneelfront center hub to fender is 22”. Rear is 23”. Dry weight might be 23.5-24”.  Have a roof top tent, awning, tools, solar and a 100ah deep cycle already towards the mid rear=250~ or so full time pounders. 

Dropping the front to 20 or 21 would be better.

@Kneel i just jacked it up, pb blasted the 30mm bolts on both sides, then cranked counter 6x. I was able to drop it an inch. began to load the crap out of the truck with an 80lbs sand bag, 40lbs kettlebell, 60-70lbs of water (7 gallons), a case of water, and my 100ah battery and tent are things i can't move so both are a good 160lbs. the rear still sits an inch higher. keep in mind i have heavy springs so, it can load a good amount. 

the good news is, i drove it around with all of that additional weight and there were no vibrations. I think the angles of everything for the most part returned to somewhat stock settings. 

if you're ever in Leonia on a weekend, you gotta drop by for a beer, man. thank you. maybe i'll take that slee diff drop off your hands for added insurance. 

33 mins ago, TranClanXT said:

@Kneel i just jacked it up, pb blasted the 30mm bolts on both sides, then cranked counter 6x. I was able to drop it an inch. began to load the crap out of the truck with an 80lbs sand bag, 40lbs kettlebell, 60-70lbs of water (7 gallons), a case of water, and my 100ah battery and tent are things i can't move so both are a good 160lbs. the rear still sits an inch higher. keep in mind i have heavy springs so, it can load a good amount. 

the good news is, i drove it around with all of that additional weight and there were no vibrations. I think the angles of everything for the most part returned to somewhat stock settings. 

if you're ever in Leonia on a weekend, you gotta drop by for a beer, man. thank you. maybe i'll take that slee diff drop off your hands for added insurance. 

Glad to hear. :th: 

Toyota engineers have their reasons for all that rake from the factory, to sit level when it's full of stuff.  You can probably even bring the front up a half inch, but a little overhead is not a bad thing either.  I suspect handling improved as well for what you would notice in a +6000lb truck full of gear... :laugh: 

22 hours ago, Kneel said:

Glad to hear. :th: 

Toyota engineers have their reasons for all that rake from the factory, to sit level when it's full of stuff.  You can probably even bring the front up a half inch, but a little overhead is not a bad thing either.  I suspect handling improved as well for what you would notice in a +6000lb truck full of gear... :laugh: 

For sure man. Also a new toy showed up yesterday...

27CF2FDB-8028-4C6E-8A50-2FA087751CEF.jpeg

819F37C0-9E1D-4B82-8603-0C27237BCD6B.jpeg

Just a quick update. Since lowering the front, I’ve not experienced the shakes upon accelerating. Fully loaded front and rear sit leveled at 21” center hub to fender. Spotted a bushing failing on the tie rod ends. Minor. Cv’s seem fine too. 

Some pics at ibsp yesterday. 

3596D4B2-DDE4-4608-9D97-52314008E5EE.jpeg

D54F4727-FDC6-47BC-90BA-F1AFE8A85C40.jpeg

9D17E583-CA0B-46CC-A9D7-0E37C2609342.jpeg

393A1DA4-0E39-4238-BA60-5EB35E360B4D.jpeg

CA96681B-3E3F-4033-A1CC-FD6D192840E1.jpeg

17C23E9D-8C59-45D1-972C-3CE707BF5461.jpeg

Tran, That's some nice picks, Great looking truck.   I use one of those tents for a porta potty for the Grand kids also.

Edited by hunter123