Richard G

Belize charters Ambergris Caye / San Pedro

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Does anyone know good fishing charters on Ambergris Caye / San Pedro?

Most charters I can find seem to combine fishing with barbecue which looks like more a standard touristy tour than true fishing.

Advice welcome.

I went around 15 years ago. But I waited until I got there to charter a boat by asking around on the beach. Having giant barracuda saw snapper in half on the take was a blast! Sorry I can’t be of help but have a great trip. 

Might try reaching out to the folks at Belize River Lodge.  If they don't offer guided trips for non-guests they might offer some recommendations.  I spent a week out on Turneffe about 17 years ago and had good success just going it on my own.

It’s been a number of years since I’ve been to Belize, but I did use a fellow based out of San Pedro named George Bradley for fly fishing.  You can try to contact him at011-501-2262179 or

roxan@btl.net

if he is still guiding he will put you on fish.  A helpful hint is ask him if he needs anything fishing related that you could bring down to him.

I went to Belize/ Ambergris Caye last March.  In San Pedro, you can find no shortage of good boats and guides for fly rod flats fishing— bonefish, and permit.  I will go back!  Did some DIY bone fishing also.

On 9/5/2018 at 0:37 PM, sauerkraut said:

I went to Belize/ Ambergris Caye last March.  In San Pedro, you can find no shortage of good boats and guides for fly rod flats fishing— bonefish, and permit.  I will go back!  Did some DIY bone fishing also.

Secret beach or around the docs?

The bonefish and permit guides know and have boat access to all the not-so-secret flats and areas.  However, to do long walks, or have equipment (a flats boat!) to get to these otherwise inaccessible areas.