NewEngBoy011

Jelly Spawn and Fishing

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

After two days of good Bonita fishing from shore today was quite different. Now I understand this could be normal as they can be there one day and gone the next, however, the bait was still there but there was a massive biomass of jelly spawn everywhere, and it was so thick it would ball up on line when reeling in. When it dries it resembled the texture almost of an epoxy. I would imagine that the amount of the jelly material as I described is not good for the     Bodies or gills of these fish. Just a guess, but either way boat or shore today was a dead zone, from sun up to late afternoon.....anyone have any insight to this jelly plague and gamefish ????

Felt like rain bait was on jelly spawn and the fish were on rain bait, which made them very picky. I was jiggin up dinner and got caught in a few blitzes on the side of the boat. Couldnt get a sniff on the smallest of jigs, 

I had a ton of those “chain jellies” surrounding the boat the other day while fishing. Fish didn’t seem to mind. Tons of bait pushed up on the rocks with bones crushing them on and off for a couple hours. Ghost town the next day.