Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paymaster

Labor Day Eats

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

I did a brisket overnight on my Akorn. I put it on last night at 10 pm and took it at 10 am this morning. I used my steak marinade on it. I separated it into two pieces due to it being too large for the main grate. I cooked the point end on the extender rack over the flat end. I made burnt ends out of the point. I did poppers using jalapenos from my garden and store bought corn in the shuck.

kuulddr58qwvqhszg.jpg

p2g1ktrgcqdblzczg.jpg

gnm56maxq7ww2dazg.jpg

rry8alsj7n51fw0zg.jpg

q246zqk5fwmw21fzg.jpg

2m626vn9awfbkvxzg.jpg

swmwu5tb79tq7k4zg.jpg

t8w6497mzlk8m6hzg.jpg

bi2zh9zjp21x1c1zg.jpg

c54nb4rrc54skuqzg.jpg

7m3fnqqgsdzebbczg.jpg

Hey Paymaster :wave: Just the other day I was thinking about you and wondering where you have been. Hope all is well. :)

I did some ribs on Sunday, and they were the best I have ever done, despite my thermometer going wacky on me and having to play the temps by ear. The St. Louis cut ribs came out juicy and tender and that perfect compromise of being done enough but not to the "falling off the bone" stage, had just the right amount of "pull off the bone". The rub and "mop" was such that no sauce was needed unless you wanted to add a bit afterward on your plate, but the flavors just on their own were great. Donna is not big on ribs and even she thought they were great. :)

16 hours ago, EricJ said:

Nice job with the brisket paymaster.  I made pork burnt ends 

Same here, pork belly burnt ends. They were fantastic. I took the picture after they were almost gone. I should've taken one in all its glory. Haha. It was my first time making them though, so I didn't make a ton. Only about 2 pounds maybe. I'm Gonna shred what's left and have a pulled pork style sandwich tonight.

0903181752.jpg

Great job on the pork guys!

Steve, been doing some traveling and am gonna do an Alaska Cruise on the 22nd, Checking off as many bucket list items before the Good Lord takes me home. :)  

Thanks for the comments Y'all!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Paymaster said:

Steve, been doing some traveling and am gonna do an Alaska Cruise on the 22nd, Checking off as many bucket list items before the Good Lord takes me home. :)  

Good for you! :clap::th:

Have a great time! :)