SeabassLove

G.Loomis Crosscurrent Pro 1 10wt

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Hi!

I would like to know what do you think about this rod to cast shooting head with T14 head by boat,

I'm tired about the ferrule that move or disconnect while using heavy sinking line and want to try the one piece fly rod.

I had one for a while. Nothing wrong with the blank, but I couldn't stand the shape of the cork. I'd considered replacing the handle, I had plenty of cork rings and a few reel seats that would have been an improvement over what Loomis uses, but in the end I decided to sell it. I just didn't like the rod enough to justify the work. 

i use a 4 piece cc glx 10wt for palegics here in california.  I throw a 460g sinking line no problem with 3/0 flies.  T-14 would be great.  The one piece is sweet.  I agree i am not crazy about the grip, but after a few minutes fishing i forget about it.

I have the CC Pro 1, 8wt and NRX Pro 1 8wt. I love one piece rods now and hope to get more in the future. I cast fast sinking, short head lines with the GLX and it performs well for me.

Local is right about the grip, it is not great but I can work around it. 

I think the handle is a problem I can overcome if the rod as enough power to shoot around 450 grain sinking line. 

Anyone tried the crossccurrent pro 1 10wt that can give me any feeback ? 

Thank you a lot for all your answers ! 

I am sure it is possible to cast 450gr head using any current Loomis 10wt rod. Use wide casting stroke to avoid tailing loop and use Drifting to widen the casting stroke. You can also improve rod for heavy line shortening the tip. Two to four inches can improve it significantly?

Esa

A guide I fish with down in keys had this rod.  10wt 1 piece.  He had the Cortland  flats clear float in 10.  I threw it all day ccf10 Nice setup for 10 -40 lb tarpon

The CC Pro 1 10wt is my go to beach rod for most situations I encounter. I throw a 425gr long intermediate and a 450gr sinker. Rod handles both very well and has the backbone to put some heat on big blues and albies. Medium fast tip easy to cast in a variety of different conditions.The grip is different but nothing some grip tape couldnt remedy easily if you dont like the shape. Transport not an issue for me so both my beach rods are 1 pc, like em alot.