stripercrazy

What are you shooting for the clay sports

Rate this topic

37 posts in this topic

Started shooting trap last year, I use a 1986 Citori O/U 12 ga. Almost time for a new toy either another trap gun or a nice carry .45  Baer or Brown.

Edited by afterhours

Used to shoot a Rem. 870 20 g.  Sold it too a friend.  Shoot a Browning Silver, 12 g., 30 inch barrel  Shoot high teens/low 20s.  Usually shoot at least once per week but am stepping up to twice or three times per week to prepare for a club shoot in Oct.

Will be buying an O/U either Baretta or Benelli 20 g, 28 inch barrel strictly for skeet and use the Browning for Trap and Sporting Clays.  I fancy the Benelli 848u but it is a little expensive.

shotgun, new.png

2 hours ago, stripercrazy said:

We’ve been useing rem 870’s I might need to buy a over/under lol I shot a 21/21/22/20 yesterday with my reloads

If you're shooting that score with the pump I would not make any drastic changes.  An O/U has a way different feel/balance/point than a pump gun. 

i've been shooting trap.....years ago i shot skeet a few times and if i remember i shot high teens with the 870 I also got rem 1100, i'm getting another one next week for my son. so we can compete lol 

i got a 24 last week so close lol it seems most  people who really get into the sport end up with a over and under I'm tring to learn more about them. if my son really gets into trap it be worth it to me to spend some money on some guns

Edited by stripercrazy

13 hours ago, stripercrazy said:

very nice gun knight771 

Thank you.  Have fired over 7,000 rounds, one jam.  Very little recoil.  Points nice.  And easy to clean for an semi-auto.  But I think the 30 inch barrel is a bit too long for skeet.  26 or 28 inch 20 gauge O/U is in the future.

For the past 20 years, a 30" Ballistic Specialties Beretta 390 Sporting that wears a field stock. I'm closing in on 135,000 shells through the old girl.

:v:

Edited by gadwall8