Backfire Hurricane

Rate this topic

dena

Remember when Sarah Sanders was booted from the restaurant in Lexington, Va?

And all the uproar that ensued?

Well, things haven't worked out so well for the town, tourist business wise.

The town is forced into using emergency funds to pay for increased advertising to salvage their reputation.

The town business leaders voted the woman owner into power, and they are all suffering from their decisions.

Liberals, did you learn anything from this?

A small town in Virginia is attempting a reputation makeover after a restaurant in the area infamously refused to serve White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders in June.

The area's regional tourism board is pulling together emergency funds to boost its digital marketing campaign, the Roanoke Times reported Sunday. The money is normally saved, however, officials agreed the region is in desperate need of positive coverage after the Sanders controversy.

The tourism board serves Lexington, Va., where The Red Hen is located, and other communities that are about three hours from Washington, D.C.

Following the incident, the tourism board was flooded with thousands of calls and emails -- and the complaints are still coming. The office received a letter Thursday from a Georgia family that wrote to say it would never return because of what happened.

Video

Fallout from Red Hen uproar hits local businesses

“For a town our size, it was a significant impact,” Patty Williams, the director of marketing, told the Roanoke Times.

In June, Sanders tweeted she was told to leave by the owner of the restaurant because she worked for the president....

from Fox

Material abundance without character is the path of destruction.
-Thomas Jefferson
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.
-Soren Kierkegaard

Someone once said "stands stand alone" Meaning if you take a stand there are consequences and you will most likely be alone. This is one of those cases, the owner took a stand and paid a price. It doesn't mean it was wrong.

It took balls. Just like the guy who refused to bake the cake. He paid a price too.

Edited by Stonesipher

You’re not some crazy uncle you know!

I'm so glad I don't live in the fact-less bizarro world you live in...just sayin'.

2 mins ago, Stonesipher said:

Someone once said "stands stand alone" Meaning if you take a stand there are consequences and you will most likely be alone. This is one of those cases, the owner took a stand and paid a price. It doesn't mean it was wrong.

It took balls. Just like the guy who refused to bake the cake. He paid a price too.

It took balls for her to wreck the town’s economy? To cost other people’s money?

What price did the bakery owner’s town pay?

7 mins ago, charloots said:

It took balls for her to wreck the town’s economy? To cost other people’s money?

What price did the bakery owner’s town pay?

I don't know? What price did others pay when civil rights blacks refused to leave the lunch counter?

I'm so glad I don't live in the fact-less bizarro world you live in...just sayin'.

9 mins ago, Stonesipher said:

Some people take a stand and destroy the good things going for them, others don't stand (they kneel) and destroy the good things going for them. IDIOTS, the lot of them. STOOPID IDIOTS. :dismay:

fishinambition  Posted June 30 ·After a decade and a half of trolling and disrupting the website, frank's finally fed up with Tim's bull****

11 mins ago, Stonesipher said:

Precisely what stand was she making? Be an uncivil phuc? In case you missed it, her stupid stunt has cost the entire town so she's hardly "standing alone". Many who may not agree with her at all. So yeah, it is 100% wrong.

20 mins ago, Stonesipher said:

Typical ....don’t think about the other people that got screwed. 

8 mins ago, ken r said:

Precisely what stand was she making? Be an uncivil phuc? In case you missed it, her stupid stunt has cost the entire town so she's hardly "standing alone". Many who may not agree with her at all. So yeah, it is 100% wrong.

I won't presume to speak for her but apparently she did not want someone with her integrity and morals in her establishment and it would appear that her employees agreed. It took balls to do it. As did the baker.

You are wrong that she is not standing alone, she was and I would guess still is. Did that baker take a stand with the gay cake customers regardless of the consequences?

1 min ago, Stonesipher said:

I won't presume to speak for her but apparently she did not want someone with her integrity and morals in her establishment and it would appear that her employees agreed. It took balls to do it. As did the baker.

You are wrong that she is not standing alone, she was and I would guess still is. Did that baker take a stand with the gay cake customers regardless of the consequences?

Nice virtue signaling Stone. If this woman is concerned about integrity and morals, she certainly could never serve any politician ever. Anyone who thinks political discourse should include being a disrespectful, uncivil, rude douche (just to make a meaningless point), deserves a good kharma come-around.  As far as standing alone, what do you consider the other business owners' who are paying for her stupidity? Innocent bystanders? I'd sure like to see what you'd be saying if it happened to you.