scoobydoo

!@#$ just got interesting: Comparing the Original Shimano Thunnus to the New Spinfisher VI Liveliner Penns new design looks impressive

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Since a 4500 sized live liner isn't something I'd be able to do much with this time of year. 

I decided to send it off to someone I know will beat the snot out of it.....(fellow SOL member Elias V) in hopes of doing a post Elias review a week before the product launch

But before I packed it up and shipped it....I put together about as indepth of a comparison as possible without having caught a fish on it. (emphasizing publicly and openly that I have not caught a fish on it)

Some SOL links on Alibabazon  https://amzn.to/2MMWt9o

no biggy, not fishing it but having opinion about it, I do it all the time

not to say that I do it accurately but still..

90 % of it is good guess

Edited by glos

21 mins ago, glos said:

no biggy, not fishing it but having opinion about it, I do it all the time

not to say that I do it accurately but still..

90 % of it is good guess

The way I look at it.

Way too much garbage gets spewed by shills getting hand outs looking for future handouts.

And what those people that do that don't understand.......it's people's wallets that take a hit while they're on the hunt for more freebies.

I see it every single day of the week  which is why I now call amazon.com  ALibabazon

:)

The lack of honesty out there now so far beyond ridiculous.  All for a freebie :)

20 mins ago, Yossarian said:

Talk about lack of honesty and amazon.  Would you believe that the item I actually received weighted 2 ounces and was the floater version?

Screenshot_20180903-120406_Chrome.jpg

I may know the person who packed and shipped that.  Been friends with him for over a decade.  One of the nicest guys you'll meet.   Fishermens Source?

Was the wrong item shipped or the package incorrect?

thats why we need more Alan`s in this world. And thats why it took his mentioning of the surf 8K-s and assumption that they could be the BG SW of the long cast domain made me decide definitely to buy those. And I told him about it, on what he said that it was just an "if" but still I said, yours if has a weight to it.

He hopes he might find time to test them next year..

edit: Alan`s and Scoob`s ;)

Edited by glos

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

And what those people that do that don't understand.......it's people's wallets that take a hit while they're on the hunt for more freebies.

What they also don't understand is they are flushing their credibility down the drain...for freebies and discounts. 

31 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

I may know the person who packed and shipped that.  Been friends with him for over a decade.  One of the nicest guys you'll meet.   Fishermens Source?

Was the wrong item shipped or the package incorrect?

I'm not sure, vendor appears to be amazon.  It's advertised incorrectly as a 7.5" 3 oz which would make it a fast sinking model but it's a floating one which weighs around 2.

2 hours ago, Yossarian said:

I'm not sure, vendor appears to be amazon.  It's advertised incorrectly as a 7.5" 3 oz which would make it a fast sinking model but it's a floating one which weighs around 2.

Gotcha....ok...they're listed as the number 2 seller....

One thing I've learned on the zon......If seller A creates a listing.....if it's wrong..meaning Bad picture, bad description etc....everyone down the line suffers because they have to use that listing.  

2 hours ago, buddha162 said:

What they also don't understand is they are flushing their credibility down the drain...for freebies and discounts. 

Sadly.....Your sentiment doesn't match real life.  :)

Look at the biggest names in the industry and the garbage they represent.  

If what you said was true......you'd never have heard of them in the first place :)

4 hours ago, buddha162 said:

The might lose credibility with experts and other knowledgeable people, unfortunately, that is not their target audience. They cater to the 95% of anglers who are less informed and take everything they are told as gospel even if it doesn’t make sense. 

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Sadly.....Your sentiment doesn't match real life.  :)

Look at the biggest names in the industry and the garbage they represent.  

If what you said was true......you'd never have heard of them in the first place :)

And that's why what you're doing on YouTube is invaluable. The thing about your channel is once people understand what you're doing, how you're showing instead of telling, the comparisons, the full real-time teardowns, the explanations of parts and designs...the veil is lifted. Your audience will then watch some YT star proclaim the new crapking reel the "bestest smoothest evar!" and say No thanks. 

That is the hope, anyway.