Harf

Democrats Erupt After White House Won’t Release Bush II-Era Kavanaugh Docs

Rate this topic

56 posts in this topic

Democrats slammed the Trump administration on Sunday for refusing to release thousands of documents related to US Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, Reuters reports.

but here are the numbers...

 

In a Saturday press release, the Senate Judiciary Committee said that they had “expanded access to confidential material beyond that for any other Supreme Court nominee.”

howm%20nay%20records.png


.@SenatorDurbin on Brett Kavanaugh: "He is the most unpopular Supreme Court nominee in the last 40 years." #FNS

2:28 PM - Sep 2, 2018

Why???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eff the Democrats.

Go nuclear if need be to confirm him.

 

Just wait till Ole Ruth passes if Trump is still in office we will see a cataclysmic eruption from the left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hearings start tomorrow, whether Dems like it or not. Confirmation bf end of month. 

Dems didn’t speak to him, tough! They had plenty of time. 

Dems didn’t read 400k++ documents they had access to, tough, they had plenty of time. 

Dems want to complain they don’t have enough docs or time to make a decision, tough, they said they would vote for him anyway. 

See the pattern? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Judge Kavanaugh has been repeatedly described as having changed his opinion on something of crucial interest to President Trump.  When working for Ken Starr, he believed that not only did a President have to submit to subpoena, and was subject to a civil action, a lawsuit.  He also believed that President Clinton's lying about Monica Lewinsky, even when NOT under oath, was a good enough reason to impeach.

 

He has supposedly changed course on both points, believing now that a President should not be subject to civil suit and that a President cannot be impeached for simple lying when not under oath.  This could be crucial for President Trump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 mins ago, BrianBM said:

Judge Kavanaugh has been repeatedly described as having changed his opinion on something of crucial interest to President Trump.  When working for Ken Starr, he believed that not only did a President have to submit to subpoena, and was subject to a civil action, a lawsuit.  He also believed that President Clinton's lying about Monica Lewinsky, even when NOT under oath, was a good enough reason to impeach.

 

He has supposedly changed course on both points, believing now that a President should not be subject to civil suit and that a President cannot be impeached for simple lying when not under oath.  This could be crucial for President Trump.

This is a different time then when Starr was around. The Democrats' childish behavior since they lost the election has shown that if they're allowed to file an endless stream of baseless lawsuits and subpoenas against a sitting president, they'll gladly do it to obstruct an agenda they don't like. Believe it or not, there was a time when even liberals cared about what was best for America. That time is long gone.

Edited by epanzella

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 mins ago, epanzella said:

This is a different time then when Starr was around. The Democrats' childish behavior since they lost the election has shown that if they're allowed to file an endless stream of baseless lawsuits and subpoenas against a sitting president, they'll gladly do it to obstruct an agenda they don't like. Believe it or not, there was a time when even liberals cared about what was best for America. That time is long gone.

I think there's still a segment of "Old School" Dems who still value whats best for America.  They are just oppressed like a Black Conservative is.  The New Dems are the true danger to America.  I believe they really want a Crisis to leverage into something they beleive will benefit them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 mins ago, BrianBM said:

Judge Kavanaugh has been repeatedly described as having changed his opinion on something of crucial interest to President Trump.  When working for Ken Starr, he believed that not only did a President have to submit to subpoena, and was subject to a civil action, a lawsuit.  He also believed that President Clinton's lying about Monica Lewinsky, even when NOT under oath, was a good enough reason to impeach.

 

He has supposedly changed course on both points, believing now that a President should not be subject to civil suit and that a President cannot be impeached for simple lying when not under oath.  This could be crucial for President Trump.

Obama coined a phrase when he changed his mind.

He evolved, remember? Looks like Kav may have evolved! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, Markushook said:

Obama coined a phrase when he changed his mind.

He evolved, remember? Looks like Kav may have evolved! 

Obama was not being considered for a lifelong position who's judgement will effect the lives of countless millions for decades to come. I think there is a big difference between the two but because its your guy all bets and logic are off. :howdy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stonesipher said:

Obama was not being considered for a lifelong position who's judgement will effect the lives of countless millions for decades to come. I think there is a big difference between the two but because its your guy all bets and logic are off. :howdy:

I knew you’d have a problem with my post. There is no difference. BOTH CHANGED THEIR MINDS. The country had to deal with Obama’s evolution for 8 years AND MORE, DACA ring a bell, so he and his party could benefit politically! Again, remember, another Obama phrase, elections have consequences. The left is SPECULATING on how a judge may or may rule on x,y, or z case. It’s time for the left to deal with those consequences. :howdy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes.

 

I'm not particularly concerned with this. Bill Clinton's perjury about sex was not part of a national security problem.  Any Trump-related case that reaches the Supreme Court is going to have the Russia probe, and whatever's come out to date, and whatever additional material the Mueller office may see fit to disclose, draped all over it.  Justice Kavanaugh's reservations about allowing private-party actions against a sitting President don't determine how he'll rule, if and when the issue of a Presidential refusal to honor a subpoena in a national security matter should come before him. 

 

A more likely scenario will concern whether the President, having fired Sessions, Rosenstein, and Mueller, can demand that the individual indictments not go forward. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.