BrianBM

Note to Salt Deficient

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

48 mins ago, Yossarian said:

This seems like the kind of thing that could have been a pm instead of a public message.

Future warning to anyone elese not to try this.

50 mins ago, Yossarian said:

This seems like the kind of thing that could have been a pm instead of a public message.

He doesn't have PMs yet either.  I agree, it'd be better if I could, but that's not the way the machine works. 

The good news is that no one is darned to heck for not reading the rules.  

I was asking for an opinion on what to buy, not an offer to buy directly from a member.  

I just read the rules a minute ago.  I don't think my post violated this.

I am trying to get better at surf fishing.  I see the threads I try to start asking for info get blocked.    IF you can't ask what's a good fishing reel on this forum, then what can you talk about on a fishing forum then...............

Edited by salt deficient

37 mins ago, salt deficient said:

I was listing what I owned not to sell, but what new purchase would fill the gap in the arsenal. 

wb.jpg.f22a1cd7452a640894bd41980b968665.jpg

Keep your questions coming. No one walks on water...:)  but you may think some do...:wave:

Take everything with a grain of salt...:laugh:

so do you have a good joke for us...?

Edited by Lou T

On 9/3/2018 at 11:52 AM, BrianBM said:

He doesn't have PMs yet either.  I agree, it'd be better if I could, but that's not the way the machine works. 

The good news is that no one is darned to heck for not reading the rules.  

what rules

On 9/3/2018 at 11:00 AM, Yossarian said:

The forum leaders here understand how we prefer to handle things here. When someone makes a post that is inappropriate or potentially inappropriate, what good is to tell just that one person? Beyond the fact the folks who can't use the BST Forum also can't send or receive PMs, it has long been policy here to handle things that happen in public in the threads where it happened so that EVERYONE can see what happened and understand why it was inappropriate or potentially inappropriate. Probably saved a hundred thousand PMs in the almost 20 years this site has been online :th:

TimS

1 hour ago, Lou T said:

what rules

His post read as if he was looking to purchase a reel here - he mentioned how he was sold on a specific model/brand and posted the max he would spend. I read it as if he was soliciting as well but will take his word that he was just looking for suggestions. Usually folks looking for suggestions haven't decided on a brand/model/size yet, but we all express ourselves differently...'Merica! ;)

TimS

25 mins ago, TimS said:

His post read as if he was looking to purchase a reel here - he mentioned how he was sold on a specific model/brand and posted the max he would spend. I read it as if he was soliciting as well but will take his word that he was just looking for suggestions. Usually folks looking for suggestions haven't decided on a brand/model/size yet, but we all express ourselves differently...'Merica! ;)

TimS

trying to change the tone, it was my sense of...:laugh:

Lou T

Edited by Lou T

The funny thing is, I'm not as cranky in making this kind of responsive post as I usta be.  TimS has calmed me down.  I think it has to do with those pills he sends me.