ovenrat

Is it over yet ?

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

There’s a huge difference between the solemn, sorrowful citizens who lined the streets to say good-bye to Ronald Reagan, John Kennedy, and FDR and the rubberneckers hoping to catch a glimpse of celebrity politicians putting in a public appearance for the late Senator McCain’s multiple memorials.  Releasing those men we loved from afar to a higher and happier place bears no resemblance to spectators taking part in one of the “scheduled events” posted strategically on the Fox News website and elsewhere.

Despite of the wall-to-wall media coverage of a seemingly unending series of funeral services (five at last count), this nation does not mourn the passing of a hero. Yes, dignitaries showed up and slid fake praise into orations meant for something other than a heartfelt memorial to the dearly departed.  John McCain may have been dear to a few people, but for the rest of us (and most likely 99% of the people invited to be part of his ostentatious Display of the Dead), he remains a clear and present exemplar of a petty plutocracy and blatant self-service.  One ecstatic writer called it the “biggest resistance meeting yet” as Her Father’s Daughter saddled the next generation with the bitter Sins of the Father and was celebrated for embracing what many have called a world-class grudge.  Somehow, she missed the message that “John called on us to be bigger… and better than that.”  Others, disgusted by the “political theatrics and cheap shots” recognized her father’s signature spitefulness -- nasty to the end and beyond.  Yet it was the observation of a high-school junior that explained a certain hollowness to every news anchor’s claim that a nation mourns.  CJ Pearson wrote: “At most funerals I’ve attended, it’s God’s love that fills the room, not hate and animus for a person who is not even in attendance.”

This nation does not mourn John McCain who in a final act of self-aggrandizing mythmaking, personally planned a weeklong spectacle to weaponize a sacred cultural tradition meant to remember and honor the dead.  This may become his most enduring legacy.  An insatiably vindictive man, his equally malicious family, and all those eager to participate in a six-minute trash-talk tribute have radically transformed one of the last public opportunities to share our humanity.  We do not mourn, we cannot mourn, and we should not mourn one who in death chose to even a score only he was keeping.

That's quite the jeremiad.  I don't know whether you wrote it (unlikely) or cut it from another source, but it's as articulate a curse as anyone has ever posted here.

Most people - most Americans - will pay at least some gesture of respect to McCain's military service, and to his endurance of torture in prison. The original writer doesn't do so, and that's his privilege. A significant minority, and I'm including you, Ovenrat, and the original writer, are indifferent to it. McCain sought a path to citizenship for the millions of illegals that American employers have been assiduously collecting over the years, and that is unforgivable. We need to celebrate our racial and ethnic hates, they're all rapists and drug dealers, and McCain's restrained rationality is enough of an offense to justify a joyously mindless hatred (on your part.)  He's been an impediment to the repeal of Obamacare, and this too is unforgivable.People who can't pay out of pocket for medical care should die, dammit, and have done. He famously rebuked a voter who said Obama was Arab, saying no, he's simply an American with whom I have profound disagreements ..... terrible!  Criticizing the disinformation campaign so central to the modern GOP is a crime against groupthink right there!  And critizing the second President Bush for preferring tax cuts over supporting the military in a time of war, well, what can one say? Nobody's going to say "no, they volunteered for this," but no one other then McCain was willing to say that tax cuts were a greater priority. 

The good news for you is that McCain represented a trailing, tail end of the old GOP. The Party is now firmly in the hands of the race-baiters, the isolationists, and there is zero tolerance for any departure from the President's line of the moment. How happy for you, how sad for America. 

13 mins ago, redfishkiller said:

bingo!!!

X2, Spot on. I respect his military service, But noting else. Brian. you described the democratic communist party 100 %. Great going. Lets hear more of the wonders they do. :laugh:  Ho yeah ! Americas doing great. MAGA !!!!!!!!

Edited by hunter123

18 mins ago, BrianBM said:

That's quite the jeremiad.  I don't know whether you wrote it (unlikely) or cut it from another source, but it's as articulate a curse as anyone has ever posted here.

Most people - most Americans - will pay at least some gesture of respect to McCain's military service, and to his endurance of torture in prison. The original writer doesn't do so, and that's his privilege. A significant minority, and I'm including you, Ovenrat, and the original writer, are indifferent to it. McCain sought a path to citizenship for the millions of illegals that American employers have been assiduously collecting over the years, and that is unforgivable. We need to celebrate our racial and ethnic hates, they're all rapists and drug dealers, and McCain's restrained rationality is enough of an offense to justify a joyously mindless hatred (on your part.)  He's been an impediment to the repeal of Obamacare, and this too is unforgivable.People who can't pay out of pocket for medical care should die, dammit, and have done. He famously rebuked a voter who said Obama was Arab, saying no, he's simply an American with whom I have profound disagreements ..... terrible!  Criticizing the disinformation campaign so central to the modern GOP is a crime against groupthink right there!  And critizing the second President Bush for preferring tax cuts over supporting the military in a time of war, well, what can one say? Nobody's going to say "no, they volunteered for this," but no one other then McCain was willing to say that tax cuts were a greater priority. 

The good news for you is that McCain represented a trailing, tail end of the old GOP. The Party is now firmly in the hands of the race-baiters, the isolationists, and there is zero tolerance for any departure from the President's line of the moment. How happy for you, how sad for America. 

Typical, emotional hyperbolic drivel. 

Disturbing.  

"September 3, 2018

Is it over yet?

By DH Butler"

American Thinker.    Just in case anyone wanted to know where the thread title and Cut and Paste came from.    

It is wise to quote and provide citation when presenting another persons work.

to the opinion presented in the article:   It is an opinion that some will agree with, some won't.    

"...this nation does not mourn the passing of a hero."

Sure it does, as was well displayed.    There may be a small percentage of people who disagree, but they would be in the minority.

4 hours ago, BrianBM said:

can't imagine being a POW for over 5 yrs, it seemed to have had an effect on him mentally.....actually I disagreed with McCain's continuous undermining of the POTUS in obvious favor to the Deep State and whatever they're trying to cover up. HE was angrily indifferent to opinions that didn't match HIS, how dare he ?  But then liberals are like that, stunned that there are opinions that don't quite match their agenda.....that's life sometimes .  I suspect your narrow liberal World has been rocked.

:laugh:

3 hours ago, KnewBee said:

to the opinion presented in the article:   It is an opinion that some will agree with, some won't.    

"...this nation does not mourn the passing of a hero."

Sure it does, as was well displayed.    There may be a small percentage of people who disagree, but they would be in the minority.

only the Left was on display the last 3 days ….. a long three days  :-( 

I read a couple of books years ago by guys that were held captive in Vietnam.

Getting to Hanoi was sometimes worse than being in the Hilton.

Each village they passed through got their revenge. The guys were either in cages, open bamboo wide enough spaces to get a sharpened stick through for a good jab, human waste thrown on the open wounds, just nasty, gruesome treatment.

If going through that didn't affect you, you are not human.

It wasn’t adoration for McCain as much as it was a excuse to spit venom at Trump.... that’s obvious 

I bet it would prove hilarious to search our archives in the PG and read what was being said about McCain in the past