ZeeBaaS Real Reel "Holy Grail"?

Rate this topic

ged

23 mins ago, Busanga said:

Thanks for the info Ged. is just when long casting heavy weights for bait fishing (which i may do sometimes with this reel as well as lures) we usually lock the drag down fairly hard to avoid slippage then back it off to fish. But it seems that this is a non issue.

Line slip and thin braid = bad cuts. I fish a heavy drag to avoid this. 

On 10/30/2022 at 4:25 PM, Busanga said:

i know this is an old post but it looks like the definitive thread on ZeeBaas,

I am really struggling to choose between the VSX 2 250 and the VB2 Z27.

Quick question for the VB experts on here. why is the drag cover flat, doesnt it make it hard to tighten down on a heavy fish. And there has been mention of sand being able to get behind the Drag cover and 'file' away the anodizing /protection under there ??

The newest ZB drag cap is a return back to the original but without the porting. Its very easy to adjust you just grab the entire rim and turn. IMO all drags should be so easy.

Edited by nfnDrum

On 10/30/2022 at 4:25 PM, Busanga said:

i know this is an old post but it looks like the definitive thread on ZeeBaas,

I am really struggling to choose between the VSX 2 250 and the VB2 Z27.

Quick question for the VB experts on here. why is the drag cover flat, doesnt it make it hard to tighten down on a heavy fish. And there has been mention of sand being able to get behind the Drag cover and 'file' away the anodizing /protection under there ??

The drag cap without holes still gets sand under the drag cap and causes lock up and tightening of drag. Not good. I’ve had to totally back off the drag while fighting fish to avoid getting popped off especially on larger fish. Adjusting the drag is not an issue though in and of its self; it’s easy to grip. 

"If you know that and you don't know anything else you know more than if you know everything else and you don't know that."

8 hours ago, rollincoal said:

The drag cap without holes still gets sand under the drag cap and causes lock up and tightening of drag. Not good. I’ve had to totally back off the drag while fighting fish to avoid getting popped off especially on larger fish. Adjusting the drag is not an issue though in and of its self; it’s easy to grip. 

I think it depends on how fine the sand is. I haven’t had this problem in the North East. 

20 mins ago, ged said:

I think it depends on how fine the sand is. I haven’t had this problem in the North East. 

South shore NY for me. 

"If you know that and you don't know anything else you know more than if you know everything else and you don't know that."

1 hour ago, Bluetaildragger said:

Holy Grail is my verdict, I’ve been waiting 24 months for mine so it’s gotta be a rare treasure or something.  That’s what I keep telling myself at least…

24 months?? My lord! Should come with a free extra spool.

BLM - Bass Lives Matter 

Race - human like everyone else

8 hours ago, Busanga said:

Can you guys send me samples of your sand to compare to mine here in Africa  :)

Sounds like something will have to watch out for, do you have same issue on the Van Staals ?

The new van staals don’t have the sand issue to my knowledge. 

Where in Africa are you? 

Many of the beaches along the Indian Ocean have sand similar to New York and New jersey

16 mins ago, EliasA said:

The new van staals don’t have the sand issue to my knowledge. 

Where in Africa are you? 

Many of the beaches along the Indian Ocean have sand similar to New York and New jersey

Am in Ghana, was only joking about the sand. Am sure for the fishing i do the VSX2 will be more than enough. am too old now to go as wild as i used too..  would have gone skishing back in the day, but now will stick to wading and sitting on beach with a beer

4 hours ago, Busanga said:

Am in Ghana, was only joking about the sand. Am sure for the fishing i do the VSX2 will be more than enough. am too old now to go as wild as i used too..  would have gone skishing back in the day, but now will stick to wading and sitting on beach with a beer

sitting on the beach with a good beer is definitely much more relaxing than skishing for sure