ZeeBaaS Real Reel "Holy Grail"?

Rate this topic

ged

• 9 months later...

So far I am impressed.

I changed to a gen 1 rotor and new titanium line rollers. I would prefer an old gen 1 22 spool with holes in the drag cap. 

The reel uses the same main gear and pinion, but the body is smaller and lighter than the current Gen 2 ZeeBaaS. 

This is a prototype that was made years ago, not an RK design. I had help some finding it, and it took almost 6 months to acquire. 

I am not sure if/when this will go into production. Only the body and reel foot are different. All the other parts are interchangeable, so it only requires production of a few new parts. 

Interestingly, the side with the gear has no cover, a feature RK says is patent pending on the Visser reel, yet already exists on the PENN 704 and this little gem. 

1 min ago, Clbay1971 said:

Wondering why it go into production or even a special order. Can’t remember if I asked you how many were made?

I was told 6 were made. I only know of 2. I also heard there were 6 Z plug bags and we both found one :)

I use a Z22 for Albies on a 12’ light action (3/8 to 1 1/2 oz) CTS rod for big beaches ... although it’s heavy and awkward looking ... I still  like it. The smaller body would definitely make more sense ... I don’t understand why they don’t make these available. Good luck with that beauty ...

Don't stop ... Retrieving ...

I like this reel, I see one in my future 

I have 3 vs us 2 digit  reels.

I put my hands on a new vs , and dont know what happened  but, not for  me.

How is this reel for smoothness and casting.   Spool looks nice

Thanks..

Oh ya want one in vs 200 size

So what model thanks 

Edited by bassmaster

Plug Ho!

bassmaster_skunk.gif