ZeeBaaS Real Reel "Holy Grail"?

Rate this topic

ged

1 hour ago, ged said:

I would not call them a corrupt company. They are a small shop with a store front in your state. I encourage you and anyone else to visit their shop and then share your experience. 

I have gotten to know Ron because I own a pile of his reels. ZeeBaaS is by far the best reel for the way I fish. That is a personal opinion. 

When it comes to customer service I guarantee he would refund any person that wanted to cancel their order for any reason. If he offers to refund someone and they chose to wait they made a choice. 

If people are not getting a response that needs to improve. 

I was seriously considering buying one at one point. I was calling them corrupt based on hl4runner's experience.

37 mins ago, dunknskunk said:

I was seriously considering buying one at one point. I was calling them corrupt based on hl4runner's experience.

I think I have 11 ZeeBaaS reels. In  addition I have 4 Visser’s and 3 or 4 Van Staal reels. When it comes to dependability, reliability and service I would take ZeeBaaS every time. 

Visser are 100% made in CT. Two of my reels had bail arms come loose while fishing (boat). Two Van Staal VR (bailed) had this issue as well. 

My ZeeBaaS reels have been workhorse reels. The only Issue I have is the that noise the drag makes :) 

IMG_7896.jpeg

1 hour ago, ged said:

I think I have 11 ZeeBaaS reels. In  addition I have 4 Visser’s and 3 or 4 Van Staal reels. When it comes to dependability, reliability and service I would take ZeeBaaS every time. 

Visser are 100% made in CT. Two of my reels had bail arms come loose while fishing (boat). Two Van Staal VR (bailed) had this issue as well. 

My ZeeBaaS reels have been workhorse reels. The only Issue I have is the that noise the drag makes :) 

IMG_7896.jpeg

I respect your opinion, nice fish!

i just dont get why it takes so long to make a reel.

machine shops are plenty. anodizing shops are plenty.

materials are always available.

its puzzling.

i just think its a matter of a small shop. finding other shops that can do what it needs.

for a decent price. to keep a margin going.

otherwise, theres no excuses for year+ long waits.

i use 2/3 rule for trading. join date, posts, or vouch. whoever has less goes first.

(*member formerly known as 'ooeric')

30 mins ago, EricL said:

i just dont get why it takes so long to make a reel.

machine shops are plenty. anodizing shops are plenty.

materials are always available.

its puzzling.

i just think its a matter of a small shop. finding other shops that can do what it needs.

for a decent price. to keep a margin going.

otherwise, theres no excuses for year+ long waits.

I know the pick up arms that were once made locally in CT are now made down South, like Louisiana or Mississippi. 

i mean i get it and understand for a small team.

i do crafts here and there also.

looking for shops does take time.

but not that long. lol

i use 2/3 rule for trading. join date, posts, or vouch. whoever has less goes first.

(*member formerly known as 'ooeric')

Manufacturing since covid has been a total $h*t show. I work in the parts dept of a Ford dealership and you would not believe the crazy unavailability of so many things at times over the past few years. If a huge company like Ford can’t get some sub-supplier to make a part for a vehicle that probably millions or more of people drive then it would not surprise me ZB has trouble getting something made that only had a demand of maybe several hundred of people. 

Edited by 40shades-of-blue

“All the gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you.”

58 mins ago, 40shades-of-blue said:

Manufacturing since covid has been a total $h*t show. I work in the parts dept of a Ford dealership and you would not believe the crazy unavailability of so many things at times over the past few years. If a huge company like Ford can’t get some sub-supplier to make a part for a vehicle that probably millions or more of people drive then it would not surprise me ZB has trouble getting something made that only had a demand of maybe several hundred of people. 

Working in shops and dealing with parts department National back ordered parts changed how I look at small manufacturing business like this. 

I would not call them corrupt at all. I am sure Ron would refund the money if asked.  I know someone was complaining about the wait for his custom color reel on a day when I was going there to take my reel in for annual service and I mentioned it to Ron.  He showed me the back-and-forth emails with Ron offered to send the guy a new reel of the same size and when the reel the guy ordered was done, Ron would take back the reel that was sent to the guy at Ron's expense.

At this point, I might as well wait this out and hope to get my reel soon. Still gonna bitch and moan here now and then. LOL

Refund wait could be even longer and it wasn’t a CC transaction. They don’t email or call… how does one get refund request across?

I don’t doubt supply constraints play a part in this madness. But they could have been more upfront about it when they billed me, just say 1-2 year wait instead of ‘about 6 months’. Mine’s a plain silver 22!

Also what is their excuse in not responding to a paid order’s inquiries??

If not corrupt… then definitely shady.

I’m sure the reels are as great as every says. But overall a poor purchase experience to say the least. 

18 mins ago, HL4Runner said:

At this point, I might as well wait this out and hope to get my reel soon. Still gonna bitch and moan here now and then. LOL

Refund wait could be even longer and it wasn’t a CC transaction. They don’t email or call… how does one get refund request across?

I don’t doubt supply constraints play a part in this madness. But they could have been more upfront about it when they billed me, just say 1-2 year wait instead of ‘about 6 months’. Mine’s a plain silver 22!

Also what is their excuse in not responding to a paid order’s inquiries??

If not corrupt… then definitely shady.

I’m sure the reels are as great as every says. But overall a poor purchase experience to say the least. 

I tried to send you a PM but you don’t have enough posts to accept them. I was going to ask for your name to get an update from Ron. 

Post a few more times and send me a PM and I will get an update for you. 

5 mins ago, ged said:

I tried to send you a PM but you don’t have enough posts to accept them. I was going to ask for your name to get an update from Ron. 

Henry from Brooklyn. Ron will remember me. I would like email responses if possible so everything is documented.

Much appreciated Ged! I really want to get my hands on this reel and put all this behind me. 

1 hour ago, ged said:

Nice gesture Gary hopefully you can get an answer. Very interested to see how this one plays out. 

16 hours ago, HL4Runner said:

Henry from Brooklyn. Ron will remember me. I would like email responses if possible so everything is documented.

Much appreciated Ged! I really want to get my hands on this reel and put all this behind me. 

Hey Henry, Ron and I spoke today. Assuming your initials are HL (my initials are GED) He believes that your reel is waiting 1 single part from anodizing, the knurled lock ring for the pinion assembly. 

He mentioned that he has called you previously and that you should have his cell number if you need to talk to him. 

These are “lifetime” reels and you’re already are unhappy with your experience it may be better to get a refund and move on. I am sure that would be frustrating after waiting, but maybe that is the right choice for you. This is my opinion, not from Ron. 

If you chose ZB you will learn that service is very reliable and quick. The shop prioritizes existing customers, maybe at the expense of new customers. That is unusual, but people that send their reels in for service get them back quickly and ready for use.