Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
salt deficient

Looking for a reel Shimano Baitrunner

Rate this topic

2 posts in this topic

I am pretty well set on getting the tsunami elite 1102M, but want a reel to match it.    I live on the Hudson River and use live bait for the striper run.  I also go to capre may NJ in early May and Early October to fish some too.  In May I hit the black drum fishing trip  Ontop of that I go to hiltonhead SC one or two times a year.   I also own a aluminum rowboat for the Hudson and a 10ft inflatable and gas outboard can bring down there in the trunk.

I got a pair of old penn silver series 104's that work fine, (3) Quantum blue runners one big with 80lb braid, and two smaller ones.  I have a 10ft and 8ft ugly sticks for surf, then I have a few 7-8 lighter action rod for boat / channel fishing.  I usually fish 3 poles, one out close and one out farther with bait, and pole #3 is using lures.  The lady of the house watches the two bait rods, while I use jigs or spoons and ocassionally a plug or diver bait.

I am looking to make a lighter weight bait surf caster and have a good setup for jigs and plugs on the surf.  The boat setups I have are ok.  However, I don't have one really good reel or rod for that matter.

I was leaning towards the 6000D shimano baitrunner and filling it up with 30lb braid to match that tsunami elite lighter 11ft rod.  I had a cheap Okuma baitrunner and liked it on bait until it broke about 2 years ago.   My eventual goal is to have 2 nice rods and reels for the surf.  Then use those good reels on what I have left for the closer in bait reel and/or loaners to family and friends when they come.   I fish what's biting.  I'll chase stripers, but usually hook up with red drum on hilton head,  and Cape may is always a mixed bag on the back bays.  I'd say $250 is the limit for a reel.  

Edited by salt deficient

Salt deficient, you don't have the posts needed for buying and selling privileges, and this isn't a Forum where house rules permit that to happen anyway.  Please read the rules.