UncleJohn

September 2018 Fishing Report

Rate this topic

521 posts in this topic

Out back, 0200 to 0600, CMC. Threw the cast net and kept a few dozen peanut bunker. Tossed them at structure and under lights. Had a pretty good pick of small striper until the snappers showed up. You could see them cruising through the lights, most under 20". 8 striper biggest at 18.5" and a few blues. All the striper tagged and released. 

Out back CMC under some lights.  Schoolie striper on swim shad up to 22 inches.  Looked like the last local summer for a lot of these fish.

Same as last night, lots of fun until the snappers showed. 

21 hours ago, HighEndHooker said:

Did anyone hear about the Tuna on the jetty near Atlantic City? Apparently it really happened with multiple witnesses but wondering if anyone here was there

Yep, it happened. Read about it in local A.C. Paper this morning. The Tuna (not fm) was wedged between rocks on a local jetty. The guy Mc'd it.

J:wag:n

Was out yesterday and again this morning and everything is rather quiet right now.  Surf has calmed down and water is getting cleaner, but all the big bait pods have disappeared after the weekend blow.  Still some bait in the wash, but nowhere near what is was last Thursday.  Did pick up one striper at 21 inches yesterday and only  couple snappers today.  Will be out there again in the morning.

Nomoco out front  this morning from 8 until around 930. Snappers came in thick at first and started destroying my soft plastics and gulp. Made a small move of maybe 100' and they disappeared. Ended up with 4 small fluke and a couple missed hits on small bucktails. 

I could have seen you out there this morning. My son was with me. Yeah the weather was awesome and small blues were thick on rain fish. Great action for my son. Switch of tides shut everything down. Had about 6 small fluke in the mix as well.

6 hours ago, J Wagen said:

Yep, it happened. Read about it in local A.C. Paper this morning. The Tuna (not fm) was wedged between rocks on a local jetty. The guy Mc'd it.

Ok, you got me on that one. Please forgive my ignorance, but I have no idea what MC’d it means.

Will someone please clue me in?

Thanks.

JD

Went out front in OC Friday morning and got chased off by lightning. Tried again yesterday and lost some more shads to bluefish that would not bite anything else. Metric tons of mosquitoes and biting gnats.

1 hour ago, ATH1089 said:

Metric tons of mosquitoes and biting gnats.

Been debating trying to get out for a few hours but that sentence decided it for me.   I will wait it out a bit more

At low tide threw the Deadly Dick and picked up some small flounders in SoMoco. Then threw it beyond the wave breaks and hooked up with something really big. It ran against the drag and I hoped it wasn't a Ray that would waste my braid and lure. Fought it for a minute or two and then it broke off.

2 hours ago, jjdbike said:

Ok, you got me on that one. Please forgive my ignorance, but I have no idea what MC’d it means.

Will someone please clue me in?

Thanks.

JD

JD

Some day fmtuna (SOL member) will write a story about  (Mc'd) and then you will understand.

41 mins ago, tsorod said:

At low tide threw the Deadly Dick and picked up some small flounders in SoMoco. Then threw it beyond the wave breaks and hooked up with something really big. It ran against the drag and I hoped it wasn't a Ray that would waste my braid and lure. Fought it for a minute or two and then it broke off.

What pound test was your leader?

Fished pretty hard tonight. Was out front in Monmouth county from 1800-2100 and all I found was snappers blowing up on rainfish. I had a bone epoxy jig on and it was every cast for atleast an hour, some bigger than others. Stage is set for the albies but they havent really showed up yet. Ocean was calm and clean where I was with a lot of bait; peanuts, bay anchovies, and snappers

I stopped under a bridge on my way home and hooked up my first cast with a nice 24" striper so I stayed for a while and picked up a couple more schoolie size bass. I was using a small gold SP and silver ratLtrap. Not bad for this time of year. 

20180904_205027.jpg.e51a8176aaf4a21e9d7cf3157e19663e.jpg