UncleJohn

September 2018 Fishing Report

Rate this topic

521 posts in this topic

Out front this weekend in OC...what a beautiful weekend! Saturday was great weather, clear water and mild wind from the north. 1-2 lb blues in the surf/wash but they only wanted meat...would not touch metal or small plugs. Mullet on the bottom got the hits. Surf was so calm at some points I even threw a small popper with no luck. Saturday evening was great weather but the mosquitos came off the dunes like hungry vultures so we quit by 8 pm. No hits. Sunday dawned beautiful, cool and a nice easterly breeze. Started at 6 am until 10:30 with no bites AT ALL! I threw metal, SP's, bucktails and smaller darters with not a single bump! Fish fear me I think cause they didn't show up. Several guys fishing the morning with no fish caught. Checked out of our room and went to the boardwalk to eat cheesesteaks... well worth the price of a room! Good luck fellas.

IMG_1654.JPG

Went fishing when I should have gone surfing. Surf Cams sometimes lie. Anyway my son and I fished for a good two hours with nothing to show. Big rolling waves, clearing up water. Saw albies jumping but way out of range. Beautiful day and way better then watch Jets lose.  

Went for walk in Sea Bright with wife. Guy fishing coming off beach said it was dead. For once I believed a fisherman. 

1 hour ago, Sudsy said:

Middle of the moon, no pull (current) equaled no fish last night

I'm done for a few days unless some weather comes in

Looks like high pressure til at least the end of the week. 

Took a trip to a back bay spot to walk the dog on Saturday morning and saw one of the largest mullet schools I've ever witnessed come running through. Really hope i get this cast off my hand next week. 

2 mins ago, FunkyBunker said:

Took a trip to a back bay spot to walk the dog on Saturday morning and saw one of the largest mullet schools I've ever witnessed come running through. Really hope i get this cast off my hand next week. 

What happened to your hand ?  

Just now, UncleJohn said:

What happened to your hand ?  

Boxers fracture 4 weeks ago. I think the doc is gonna screw me and make me stay in it an extra week or 2, or at least cut this one off and give me a removable one. I've been hating life living left handed.

2 mins ago, FunkyBunker said:

Boxers fracture 4 weeks ago. I think the doc is gonna screw me and make me stay in it an extra week or 2, or at least cut this one off and give me a removable one. I've been hating life living left handed.

Sorry to hear that,  Hope you get that off soon...     

I really look forward to reading your posts.   

26 mins ago, FunkyBunker said:

I've been hating life living left handed.

Now you know what it's like for us lefties just tryin' to survive in a righty world :box:

Hope you get that cast off in short order!

I'll put this here since it was from last week.  Out back again OcCo, walked into a ton of finger mullet near sun down.  As soon as the sun set an all out blitz began which lasted about 2 hrs.  It ended when the moon rose up above the horizon. 

Edited by fishless