UncleJohn

September 2018 Fishing Report

401 posts in this topic

Last night MoCo till 2:30 am i threw the bag.  Skunked.  Met a guy named Dan who was a very nice guy to fish next to.  Awesome guy.  Back at an inlet today for the ebb...

27 mins ago, igomez said:

Last night MoCo till 2:30 am i threw the bag.  Skunked.  Met a guy named Dan who was a very nice guy to fish next to.  Awesome guy.  Back at an inlet today for the ebb...

Next time try the lures inside the bag! :laugh:

13 hours ago, chitala383 said:

That sounds about right. Cut the dorsal and anal spines off, just deep enough to slice through the skin. Cut through the spine just behind the head. Bend the head down and pull. Cut tail off. If cooked right the meat flakes right off the spine and bones. I usually find about 10 or so pin bones, rib bones maybe? I forget. But I never thought them to be too boney. However, I did give some to a friend a few weeks ago, and he commented on how boney it was. And this is a man who loves trout :headscratch:

Once you bend the head and pull its easy to take a filet knife and just cut out the two side fillets.  No bones 

Did anyone hear about the Tuna on the jetty near Atlantic City? Apparently it really happened with multiple witnesses but wondering if anyone here was there

Possible but if it was reported by Jose from bait and tackle i take it with a grain of salt...hype beast

15 hours ago, Baccigalup said:

Never ate a sea robin till this year.  If you are throwing them back you are missing a halfway decent meal

Yeah never Tom. One day I will try it 

3 hours ago, FishingmaniYaks said:

I didn't even notice the wrong year on the last thread. Let's keep it on the correct year and post on this one because last years fall sucked. 

It did suck bad for me too.

Saw the video on Facebook it’s certainly looks real, fat ****er flopping around on a jetty

Posted (edited)

i fished nearby and it was a skunk minus a hermit crab. 

Edited by jeffapeikin

CMC out front 7-9 AM

Fished a rip, plenty of snappers ~2 lbs in super skinny water (one foot).

Thousands of tiny bugs with some big ones mixed in.  Kept accidentally hooking them on the retrieve of my spoon.  Decided to keep a bigger one on and let the current take it out, got two small stripers and a cownose on them

3 hours ago, HighEndHooker said:

Did anyone hear about the Tuna on the jetty near Atlantic City? Apparently it really happened with multiple witnesses but wondering if anyone here was there

Maybe they spotted fmTuna.  .

I started a new thread with correct year. probably should have let moderators handle. My apologies. 

I didn't even realize I typed the wrong year.   Anyway, I got out to MoCo out Front this afternoon with my wife and I brought my noodle rod along.  I thought I would throw on the kastmaster xl as it seemed a good match for my setup.    I didn't see any bait and the south wind did create a large bow in the line.    I saw some surface action about 300 or 400 yds out that was moving south very quickly. Saw them for about 10 sec... They never came in.     After a while, I managed to hook up with what felt like a Taylor Blue but it dropped off before I could get a good look.   A little later on I hooked up again with a small fluke, maybe 12 inches.     Its better than getting skunked ...