UncleJohn

September 2018 Fishing Report

521 posts in this topic

Definitely much more challenging conditions out there today.  NE wind was kicking around 15 mph and the swell was pushing the water up the beach even at low tide.  Water was a little on the cloudy side, but still reasonable visibility and fishable.  Hit the same area I was in the past two days, but didn't see anything breaking or mullet with the rougher water.  Continued to toss the plastics and found 4 along with a few more hits.  Designed a new soft plastic to be closer to a sand eel size after hearing reports a month or two ago that they were around.  Gave it a try today after a few proto types and managed to get two of the four on an orange one.  Guess I will now make them part of the rotation.  Wind and surf are forecast to start calming down some tonight, so could be and interesting morning.

DSCF2400.JPG

DSCF2405.JPG

Posted (edited)

I'm making my first fall trip of the season up to dirty jerzey starting tonight, see some of you scumbags around!

Edited by kurazy kracka

6 hours ago, Goldy said:

I agree.. They don't last if you get so excited after a car ride to beach, throw a 20$+ ss bottle on and don't realize your line is wrapped and snap it off on first cast... 

Been there ... Done that ....   

7 mins ago, kurazy kracka said:

I'm making my first fall trip of the season up to dirty jerzey starting tonight, see some of you scumbags around!

Haha. Hope you get some fish brotha. This scumbag will actually be heading down your neck of the woods again this year in a couple weeks. By that time it should starting to get some fall surf action I hope. I'll be on vacation with the family. 

10 mins ago, kurazy kracka said:

I got a new truck so no you won't. :ph34r:

8 mins ago, FishingmaniYaks said:

Haha. Hope you get some fish brotha. This scumbag will actually be heading down your neck of the woods again this year in a couple weeks. By that time it should starting to get some fall surf action I hope. I'll be on vacation with the family. 

Appreciate it .  I haven't been out in months so I am hoping to find a few fish at least haha. where you heading to?

7 mins ago, crazybellringer said:

I got a new truck so no you won't. :ph34r:

I'll up on the N end of jerzey most likely.  Gimme a shout if you're up that way.

43 mins ago, kurazy kracka said:

So much for sensitivity training!

1 hour ago, UncleJohn said:

7 hours ago, Goldy said:

I agree.. They don't last if you get so excited after a car ride to beach, throw a 20$+ ss bottle on and don't realize your line is wrapped and snap it off on first cast... …… Happened to me my first trip to Montaulk  I came into a blitz   lost most of my brand new gibs plugs until I drove to town and replaced the tip

1 hour ago, kurazy kracka said:

Roadblocks are set !

1 hour ago, kurazy kracka said:

If you're fishing the top of the tide tomorrow you might bump into me. Have a good trip...

16 mins ago, Buckscorider said:

If you're fishing the top of the tide tomorrow you might bump into me. Have a good trip...

Sounds good steve. Dunno how long I'll be around, depends on bite. 

Posted (edited)

Fished from 6-9 OC back bays. Got one, but lost it. It took a live peanut Bunker. Looked like a nice fish too.

Fish where all lined up on the shadow line from the bridge and the street light. They we're gulping up on the surface, lots of fish.

No matter what I threw at them in any direction, with and against the current, top, mid and bottom layer they wouldn't hit. I tried shining a light on the water to see what they were feeding on, but couldn't tell.

Anyone else have any ideas what they could have been feeding on? This is driving me nuts. 

Edited by Gr8tfuldad

Likely was peanuts they were feeding on. I fish a bridge in oc often and often they are there busting up peanuts and won’t hit anything but them. Might even be the same bridge

Saturday morning sunrise is pretty much dead low tide but the start of incoming tide... would it be worth trying for hour or two 630-830? I have a small window and wanna go out front in oc... I know first light is usually decent but wondering if the low tide would effect that 

thanks in advance