September 2018 Fishing Report

Rate this topic

UncleJohn

11 mins ago, Theseeker66 said:

You watching me fish again?:cool:

Totally...... I have a new strategy that i've been doing.. rush to the beach, with a shad on the end, do a couple of casts to make sure i'm dialed-in and then change to the expensive stuff... 

Got out for a bit yesterday late afternoon. Managed a small 22 inch striper on white Gibbs in the back of Moco. Guy next to me hooked up to a nice one a bit more substaintial. Told me it came in at 26 inches, but had a full belly. Than a stiffer east wind came and some nasty mist. Called it a night right after. Really impressed with September so far. 8 bass for the me in the back this past week. To put that in perspective, I didnt get a bass until October 17th of last year. I've seen a ton of mullet and bunker around which is a great sign. Water has cooled off a bit the past few days. I think by next week will be hearing about Albis in close. Would love a classic striped bass October. Feels like in recent years, everything really turns on by Halloween. The old school, early 2000s Columbus day bass blitzes are something I really miss. Hopefully they'll make a comeback.

Edited by joefishnj21

15 mins ago, joefishnj21 said:

Would love a classic striped bass October. Feels like in recent years, everything really turns on by Halloween.

My hard binge fishing always starts the night before Halloween. In the past it’s always been take 3 days off work, and do nothing but sleep in the truck and fish. Now, with the baby and a crossover SUV instead of a truck, things might play out differently, but I’ll be damned if I don’t make it out there for those 3 nights in a row. Haven’t been skunked for those days in many many years. Sandy in 2012 was the exception, but the days before sandy....

Edited by HighEndHooker

1 hour ago, Matt Szwagulinski said:

I like their action, however ss cast better. At least in my opinion.

SS Bottle definitely casts better than North Bar.  I usually keep both in the bag.  I’ve caught bigger fish on the north bar personally.  I know you can load the north bar for better casting but never tried it.  I think the north bar also gets a little deeper.

2 hours ago, jeffapeikin said:

Tend to last a while. Some for years. 

I've a few that date back to the 1980's and i still throw them regularly

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

Really nice water this morning out front Moco and can definitely feel the fall vibe in the air. Water has cooled down a bit also. Fish wanted rubbers and bucktails and nothing else. Find the right cut in the water you found the fish and a decent amount. Had a zombie bass with a big chunk taking out of it. Let's keep these hurricanes away and it should be good. This last system seemed to kick start the move.

20180914_060102.jpg

20180914_122933.jpg

Fished the top of the tide out front MoCo. Very nice water. Had a good pull on my second cast, but the hook came unbuttoned. Managed 3 stripers in two hours all cut from the same 18-22 inch mold. Dropped a few others & had a few of my shads mangled by small blues. 

• Sudsy locked this topic