Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ToddyRocks

Fishing Bermuda next week.

Rate this topic

1 post in this topic

Hey guys, I did some searching with some pretty good results, but just looking for some fresh input. I'm heading out on a cruise to Bermuda at the end of this week. I'll be there for a few days. I have booked a charter with Jump Dem Bones to fish the flats for bones one of the days. I also am bringing my St. Croix Tidemaster 7'6" M travel rod with Spinfisher 4500, and packing some small metals, minnow plugs, jigheads with soft swimbaits, and some small bait hooks/weights. I also ambitiously purchased a few "bonefish jigs" without any idea how to use them. YouTube is surprisingly barren in that aspect.

Basically, I'm more than happy to catch whatever is skulking around the docks and beaches, but would like to take a shot at some game fish. It will be my first time in Bermuda and I'm more excited to catch new fish than I am to do anything else on the island. I'm pretty unfamiliar with what is in the waters but have heard mostly bonefish and barracuda are the big names. I have read it's possible to wade fish the flats in certain areas, but most of the posts on this forum I have read are a few years old. Hoping access is easy, and looking for any pointers, tips, tricks, etc. Baits, tactics. Whatever anyone can offer. Thanks!

Rob