Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kings over Queens

Range day

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

My support hand is all over the place on the draw.  I appreciate your support, but the whole thing is a hit mess.  It looks and feels clumbsy.  I just need to practice and the fluididity (that sounds like tittie) will come back.

I di the slingshot method to reinforce clearing a stove pipe.  So rather than having to troubleshoot at malf stove pipe, im building muscle memory using the slingshot.  I also try to come on target and dry fire every time before holstering.  Do the same thing every time.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

Its not really a slingshot, my hand is sweeping the slide across the port and im pushing back, rather than pinching the slide and pulling.

Edited by Kings over Queens

I used to release the slide as you instructed me, then saw the technique i currently implement on a training video.  Whats thst 4 disk set...dymanics of pistol?  Pretty sure it was that.

Anyway, that made sense to me, 1 motion acomplishing multiple objevtives, so i switched it up.

But, back to poing, none of it is anygood without practice.

watch your stance - crack your knees:  60% weight distro over the ball of your feet, 40% on your heels.   Assume fighting stance and prepare to move....