Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mike NJ

Giants cut Webb

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

So, the heir apparent to Eli Manning, the guy who they had enough faith in to not draft Darnold, and take a RB at number 2, is no longer a Giant. 

I don't claim to be a football genius, not even close. Not even good enough to run a fantasy football team. But when you have an aging QB, and the number 2 pick in the draft,  and enough of the talent scouts are saying there's enough talent there for a couple of these QB's to be stars in the league , i think you need to take one. 

God forbid the giants don't win in the near future, and end up in QB hell, while Darnold flourishes on the jets.

17 hours ago, mike NJ said:

So, the heir apparent to Eli Manning, the guy who they had enough faith in to not draft Darnold, and take a RB at number 2, is no longer a Giant. 

I don't claim to be a football genius, not even close. Not even good enough to run a fantasy football team. But when you have an aging QB, and the number 2 pick in the draft,  and enough of the talent scouts are saying there's enough talent there for a couple of these QB's to be stars in the league , i think you need to take one. 

God forbid the giants don't win in the near future, and end up in QB hell, while Darnold flourishes on the jets.

I’d be ok with this :D 

And that's a possibility.  They must be incredibly confident that they can 1) protect Manning, and that he has enough left in the tank for a year or two, and 2) that one of the two other quarterbacks has enough potential to be brought up to speed, enough to run a game, in case they're wrong on 1). 

Eli has been impressively injury-resistant. He rolls easily when hit, like a good judoka, and doesn't try to outmuscle a defensive lineman hitting him at speed, and that's fine.  Still, the probability of a disabling injury does increase with age. How long have they had the new #2, whoever he is?