Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
saltfisherman

Took a drive the same place I’ve been going

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Definitely more people out with the holiday weekend here. Similar other observations as last week, not many people fishing. Four people at Little Carlos and no one on bridges. The area at Hickory is empty. Similar amount of boats out today. 

We have a good 10kt east wind today and stronger tomorrow with storm coming through. 

Water clarity is amazing, super clear and great looking. No bait to be seen or mangrove crabs. Normally we’d see crabs on the bridge pilings and walls. 

DB, red tide is still here. It’s not going anywhere quick. Now what has changed is the extreme amounts per location. The storm did push it offshore some. It’s only a different wind that will bring it back in. The red tide alert yesterday showed Sanibel with high, north of Charlotte as medium, the harbor as zero amount and lee county as medium. The further south you go towards Collier county, Naples, the less of red tide is shown from low to non. 

The blue green algae in Cape Coral area is still there in large amounts. 

To be very honest with you, I’m not going anywhere near stepping in this water yet. We are not hitting the beach either to just even walk it. We feel like there is so much more to this than what we are being told. I might be a bit overreacting, possible but I’ll wait.