Knight771

McCain And The Swamp

Rate this topic

49 posts in this topic

I've given my opinion of Senator McCain in other threads, but yesterday, I was struck at how his funeral seemed to be a celebration of the "elite" and the establishment...in other words, the sewer that is Washington DC and all its minions.  The camera kept focusing on all the notables who were in attendance to include three former Presidents,  H. Kissinger, M. Albright and a host of others.  So, to me, I didn't really feel good about the funeral or the respect McCain was getting but that we were watching all the great and powerful members of the "club", the ruling class.

Limbaugh has famously pointed out that these folks all hate Trump because he is not of the club, doesn't play by the rules and they are afraid of what he may do and is doing.  Same goes for Palin.

So, if you recorded the whole beautiful but overblown funeral (how many other Senators have gotten this treatment when they died?), I suspect, in part, it is because McCain hated Trump.  Watch the recording or a replay....these are our "betters" or at least they think so.

14 mins ago, Stonesipher said:

You do know he was a career Politician? They came from all sides to honor him, even Pence.

Also pretty obvious that it was a Trump bashing event. Pre-planned, by McCain, I might add.

Edited by ken r

17 mins ago, Stonesipher said:

You do know he was a career Politician? They came from all sides to honor him, even Pence.

That was my point.  How many other career politician Senators have gotten such a big send off?  The late Senator from Hawaii Dan Inowye(?) was a decorated WWII vet and had served in DC since 1963.  I don't remember much hoopla for him.

BTW, SS, know that I consider the Republican Party and many republicans only marginally less vile than the Democratic Party and democrats.  To me, if DC disappeared under a mushroom cloud tomorrow, that would be a good start and great for the rest of the nation.  Think Rome and Constantinople under the Emperors, Beijing under their Emperors, Moscow under the Czars and Istambul under the Sultans.

1 min ago, Knight771 said:

That was my point.  How many other career politician Senators have gotten such a big send off?  The late Senator from Hawaii Dan Inowye(?) was a decorated WWII vet and had served in DC since 1963.  I don't remember much hoopla for him.

BTW, SS, know that I consider the Republican Party and many republicans only marginally less vile than the Democratic Party and democrats.  To me, if DC disappeared under a mushroom cloud tomorrow, that would be a good start and great for the rest of the nation.  Think Rome and Constantinople under the Emperors, Beijing under their Emperors, Moscow under the Czars and Istambul under the Sultans.

He's being honored for hating Trump... just like they do!

28 mins ago, Stonesipher said:

Precisely the reason Trump wasn't there. The one thing that has made Trump the enemy from day one. Also why both sides fear him so much.

20 mins ago, Stonesipher said:

Unlike Fox for the right, got it!

I don't know what Fox has to do with anything on this.  They showed the whole funeral.  That was who I was watching.

Give us a break.  We have Fox.  You have MSNBC, CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC, NYT, WP, NPR, Public TV, etc., etc.  It is funny how one station makes your head explode.  Marxists love propaganda and you have 90% of it and you're still losing.

11 mins ago, Knight771 said:

I don't know what Fox has to do with anything on this.  They showed the whole funeral.  That was who I was watching.

Give us a break.  We have Fox.  You have MSNBC, CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC, NYT, WP, NPR, Public TV, etc., etc.  It is funny how one station makes your head explode.  Marxists love propaganda and you have 90% of it and you're still losing.

Fox has 53% negative on Trump- it's big sin is the 47% that ranges from neutral to pro Trump-the horror!.

We should have a poll asking if the progs REALLY do want 100% propaganda. Seems that they all would prefer that -but nobody comes right out and says it.

The whole funeral is like a play- a political anti-Trump performance. Choreographed oh so carefully. SOP for the progs-the LOVE the situations where they can deliver the underhanded party line and you can't return fire due to circumstance. 

There is SO much prog propaganda in the show that one can barely pay respect to the death of the senator. TOO much.

Some one made a comment that the networks were haggling over the rights to the next 10 episodes.