72 posts in this topic

Played in the salty waters over the weekend but only found some dink Speckled Trout.   Returned to the fresh today and managed one 13 incher to avoid the skunk.    Water is very, very high and a murky mess from Florence.  

dink speck.jpg

lone.jpg

6 mins ago, KnewBee said:

Played in the salty waters over the weekend but only found some dink Speckled Trout.   Returned to the fresh today and managed one 13 incher to avoid the skunk.    Water is very, very high and a murky mess from Florence.  

dink speck.jpg

lone.jpg

Thanks! And same to you! I heard there were some trouts around the past few days. I need to get down to the Haven later this week. Are you fishing the TKAA tourney coming up? 

3 mins ago, Matt7082 said:

Thanks! And same to you! I heard there were some trouts around the past few days. I need to get down to the Haven later this week. Are you fishing the TKAA tourney coming up? 

Hell yeah!   I fish it for the raffles!    

Was that Bowfin Pic from Tecumseh?

7 hours ago, KnewBee said:

Hell yeah!   I fish it for the raffles!    

Was that Bowfin Pic from Tecumseh?

That raffle is something else! The bowfin was from the Chicahomony. 

Water is still very high and a mess.   Went in search of pan fish and got in a standoff with a snake (bout 3.5 - 4 ft).   He crossed my path, stopped, turned and came at me.   I paddled in reverse and he struck a strike pose.   We starred at each for a few and he decided to swim away.

Caught two bass, biggest 1 lb 14.   Cooling down slightly and should get better.

snake.jpg

0ne 14.jpg

On 9/16/2018 at 3:44 AM, HardyG said:

We hit a new stretch of  the Delaware from the boat yesterday. Water was high and muddy....there's a f****ng surprise. The fish were fairly active and we did well on spinnerbaits and Rattlin Raps.....my best for the day was a 5lb walleye on a spinnerbait. It was kinda sorta tough fishing as there was no real pattern. we found some gorgeous downed timber, pockets etc and they held no fish. Then we'd blind cast into open water and hook up. Lots of small bait int the water which I guess were shad fry. Looks like were in for some more rain late Monday into Tuesday. So, MORE high muddy water. YEY!

I literally forgot how to fish.....THIS SUCKS, just sayin  :laugh:

Caught one pickerel on today's after work adventure, not another soul around really enjoyed the peaceful & quite time. Heading back out tomorrow morning! 

Water has been VERY HIGH and was not expecting much, but had to get out.   First one was a 2 lb 4 followed by a 3 lb 4, two dinks and a 1 lb 2.   Glad I went.   Was nice to have something take drag.

three lb 3.jpg

What a difference 12 hours makes.    Spent five hours peddling around this morning throwing everything at "them", only managed one dink bass.   Some days I just wanna quit....

But I don't.  Glutton

crystal.jpg