136 posts in this topic

When I decided to launch, the wind was steady at 13.8 MPH with some gusts.   By recovery at dark, 20 plus with gusts near 30 MPH.   The showers made for a cool and refreshing trip!  Always keep some towels in the car for just such an inevitability.    Kayak and gear got a good rinsing.  

Nothing to compete with J Cat (jealous I am),  but found a couple dinks.    

calm.jpg

14.jpg

And the last one on the rocks for the week! Now I return to my boring life back in Georgia. Till next time Tennessee :)

Thanks for the kudos guys, this week was a blast even though fishing was up and down cause when it was up it was off the charts. I've finally figured out what's up with Tennessee if you're gonna descend from out of state: 20% technique/preparations and 80% timing and location. 

With so many wordclass fishing options you could be fishing at one spot putting in heavy work for a slow pick while 30 minutes up the road the fishing can be as epic as you've ever seen. If I wasn't so hung up on my favorite tailwater for the first two days and took the ride 20 minutes away to check out another river I would have been in on the mega bite when the spillways were first opened and had one hell of a 72hrs of fishing. At least we got into them on the last Good day of fishing below the tailwater.

20180914_233256.jpg

48 mins ago, jerseycat9 said:

And the last one on the rocks for the week! Now I return to my boring life back in Georgia. Till next time Tennessee :)

Thanks for the kudos guys, this week was a blast even though fishing was up and down cause when it was up it was off the charts. I've finally figured out what's up with Tennessee if you're gonna descend from out of state: 20% technique/preparations and 80% timing and location. 

With so many wordclass fishing options you could be fishing at one spot putting in heavy work for a slow pick while 30 minutes up the road the fishing can be as epic as you've ever seen. If I wasn't so hung up on my favorite tailwater for the first two days and took the ride 20 minutes away to check out another river I would have been in on the mega bite when the spillways were first opened and had one hell of a 72hrs of fishing. At least we got into them on the last Good day of fishing below the tailwater.

20180914_233256.jpg

Nice work man. Tail waters are some of the coolest locations. You just don’t know what your going to hook

Caught two smallmouth bass on today's outing, and my uncle got a nice walleye as well. We are both doing it all over again tomorrow! GL to everyone also making the rounds! 

We hit a new stretch of  the Delaware from the boat yesterday. Water was high and muddy....there's a f****ng surprise. The fish were fairly active and we did well on spinnerbaits and Rattlin Raps.....my best for the day was a 5lb walleye on a spinnerbait. It was kinda sorta tough fishing as there was no real pattern. we found some gorgeous downed timber, pockets etc and they held no fish. Then we'd blind cast into open water and hook up. Lots of small bait int the water which I guess were shad fry. Looks like were in for some more rain late Monday into Tuesday. So, MORE high muddy water. YEY!

Hit the water at 5:30 and was met with slick calm conditions. It was less than ideal conditions, but i went with wacky rigged senko, made long casts, and the fish didn't dissapoint. Ended up with 9 fish, including these two. Bite died off around 10:30, so called it a day. Cleaned the boat, and ready for football and beer!

IMG_0862.JPG

IMG_0865.JPG

21 hours ago, Mack26 said:

Hit the water at 5:30 and was met with slick calm conditions. It was less than ideal conditions, but i went with wacky rigged senko, made long casts, and the fish didn't dissapoint. Ended up with 9 fish, including these two. Bite died off around 10:30, so called it a day. Cleaned the boat, and ready for football and beer!

IMG_0862.JPG

IMG_0865.JPG

Very nice :)

My buddy and I fished a lake we are not so familiar with yesterday. Boy the bite was on, but we had a very tough time. We managed a few small fish on swimbaits and a frog. The fish were all over my jig, but I just couldn’t hook them to save my life. I hooked a horse in the jig and he spit the hook right next to me kayak. Probably a 7+lb fish. What a heartbreaker. 

2F38ABF1-3306-4009-836E-0B3674FE6474.jpeg

812C0276-61F9-419B-B306-46D0FA5F610C.png