72 posts in this topic

Ended August with just a few this last weekend.   The heat has been brutal and the bite slow.

Ventured out this evening and caught three.   Caught my first ever tagged bass (a 1-6).     Below is a picture of a 1 lb 8 with my all time favorite catch in the background.   I caught her in 1997, 71 inch 135 lb that didn't even put up a fight!

We had a great outing as the spouse is getting her "sea legs" on the paddle board.  She doesn't fish...........yet!

tagged.jpg

one eight.jpg

catch 1.jpg

I got 1green lagermouth and marlo got 1 hybrid,,,,,and my friend looks like he got a nice 135lb:)

20180903_215229.jpg

20180903_215646.jpg

Fine bass Bennie. 

Nice catch KnewBee - I like the look of the water you're in, just a few hours north of me.  OH

I got 1 cat 1 largemouth and marlo got 1cat and marlo wants to why thay dont have any stripes?

20180905_215606.jpg

20180905_215642.jpg

20180905_215626.jpg

Glad you found some fish to thump Mack!  Been fishing mostly on the salt side of my territory (not real successfully either) but this morning I went out to a farm pond about 8 miles from town that is owned by one of my oldest friends - caught four LMB, to include on the first cast right after sunrise.  Quit at 9:15 am; the bite sure cools off when the sunshine gets the temperatures up to about 85° or higher - it's still getting up to 90°-92° for a high each day.  Caught two LMB on my favorite topwater - the Rapala Skitter Pop SP9F (12-1/2" & 12"), a 13" LMB on an ancient, big, gold Hula Popper, and the last one (and smallest at 10") at 9:00 am on a Rebel Frog-R (floater) - thrown to the opposite bank where there was a bit of shade and grass.  OH 

IMG_1451.jpg

IMG_1452.jpg

Hunter, Nice job.   For the life of me, cannot get a tap on topwater.

morning trip.   Very strange "slime" near the shore.   This green stuff was consistency of finger paint.   Very, very sticky and a mess to clean up.  Managed one bass at 1-6 to avoid the skunk.

slimes.jpg

slime.jpg

one 6.jpg

Caught a smallmouth bass plus a bonus pickerel on today's outing. Loved being out in the delicious much cooler temps. Place was empty probably everyone went deer hunting since today was opening day of bow & arrow. I'll be making the rounds again tomorrow in the 66 degree / rainy day. 

In before the storm.   Fished this morning and found two rare crappie (rare this year at least).   The bass were biting, but after two gut hooks, got gun shy and lost about four to early hook set.    Did manage to land four bass with two at 15 inch 1 lb 4 and 1 lb 5 as well as two dinks.

Thunder storms building and a hurricane on the way.  Ugh!

one   4.jpg

crappie.jpg

5 mins ago, KnewBee said:

In before the storm.   Fished this morning and found two rare crappie (rare this year at least).   The bass were biting, but after two gut hooks, got gun shy and lost about four to early hook set.    Did manage to land four bass with two at 15 inch 1 lb 4 and 1 lb 5 as well as two dinks.

Thunder storms building and a hurricane on the way.  Ugh!

one   4.jpg

crappie.jpg

Great job:)

Good fishing!  We are battening down the hatches here.  The longer I live, the more I hate a hurricane.  OH

1 hour ago, Old Hunter said:

Good fishing!  We are battening down the hatches here.  The longer I live, the more I hate a hurricane.  OH

Be safe.