86 posts in this topic

Started the month of September with a decent outing this morning. Got a bit of a late start and headed over to a large lake at a county park. Caught 4 nice LMB with the largest at 3lbs.  The wind was really blowing and it took quite a bit of kayak manipulation to present the bait properly.

Posted (edited)

Got 2 cats 1 hybrid and marlo got 2 cats and we had a blast:)

20180901_220115.jpg

20180901_220051.jpg

Edited by bennie

10 mins ago, EricJ said:

very nice Bennie...

Thanks man,,,and I hope everybody has a great month,,,,,,:howdy: getter done

Nice job fellas! The fishin is fixin to turn on here in NE! Best time of the year for big fish. Get after it!

Caught two smallmouth bass on the UL setup, got the day off from work tomorrow since it's labor day :) Hitting the water once again super duper early! Hope everyone else is doing the same. 

We took the boat out on the Delaware River yesterday and I finally broke the PermaSkunk. We got a bunch of smallmouths and I caught a big walleye on a spinnerbait of all things. We found some great new areas to fish on future trips......one is a sweeping outside bend where the current has severely undercut the back and the shoreline has huge downed trees about every 30 yards.

9/3 this am 5:15 am - 8am it was not the easy am going after the green ones , Top water ( pop- r ) produced the most ( 12+ )  LM and nothing even close to a scale fish they were hungry those little Pluckers ! Tried going deep nada all from the shoreline , Red Army was out & about as usual on this holiday . Have not been posing , spending much time on the salt shores of Fla. Next trip is R.I for Albies next week .  

1 hour ago, Hook I said:

9/3 this am 5:15 am - 8am it was not the easy am going after the green ones , Top water ( pop- r ) produced the most ( 12+ )  LM and nothing even close to a scale fish they were hungry those little Pluckers ! Tried going deep nada all from the shoreline , Red Army was out & about as usual on this holiday . Have not been posing , spending much time on the salt shores of Fla. Next trip is R.I for Albies next week .  

Where in Fla,,,I know your doing great:)

Posted (edited)

38 mins ago, bennie said:

Where in Fla,,,I know your doing great:)

West Central mostly but I do get around on the Gulf Side inshore with spinn ( Artie’s ) Trout , Ladyfish ,Mangrove Snappers, Snook  and 8 w fly rod The beaches early am has been good for Snook , Jacks , Spanish MCs, Ladyfish . I stay lite with the tackle.  Did a few Tarpon guide ( 8w ) couldn’t get them to eat . Small Grouper were fun , 

I did view your post of pics and reports your were having fun , thanks for sharing 

Edited by Hook I

Couple of projects at the house kept me grounded this weekend. But, a trip to the "hardware store", (with rod in hand) landed me two quick LM in 15 mins, the biggest about 2 1/2 lbs. Scratched the itch i had, and will hold me till next weekend, when i start burning the candle at both ends, fishing salt and fresh hard.

1 hour ago, Mack26 said:

Couple of projects at the house kept me grounded this weekend. But, a trip to the "hardware store", (with rod in hand) landed me two quick LM in 15 mins, the biggest about 2 1/2 lbs. Scratched the itch i had, and will hold me till next weekend, when i start burning the candle at both ends, fishing salt and fresh hard.

Those outting can hold you over .glad you made the time 

Thanks Hook, yeah it was so hot here today, i was in slow motion and taking longer than i wanted to on these projects. When i needed to go to Lowes, i slid out the back with the rod in tow! ;)

Sometimes just to have the rod in hand with no fish for a bit, gives me a fix. But, those quick thumps felt good! :th: