luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - September 2018

67 posts in this topic

On 9/5/2018 at 9:17 PM, 2naFisherman said:

The waxwings do look good in the water. I used the sardine and the bunker colors. 88mm size.  Easy to use and easy on the shoulder.

Nice, my order of the sardine 88mm will arrive in a couple days.  I like the bunker and also the mackerel pattern, but I like the sardine color better.

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:49 PM, mrscott24 said:

Got out this morning 5:30-9:00 and landed two really small kingfish, a small doggie and a small sheepshead.  All caught on squid.  The crabs enjoyed my bunker.  Saw a 20"-24" striper caught nearby so that was encouraging.  All morning there were minnow of some kind out front but not a lot chasing them.  Could be my last trip until I bust away in Oct/Nov.. Sad day!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

here is a small sheepshead from the beach

DSC01246.JPG

1 hour ago, allen sklar said:

makes sense.....couple hours ago...

ADS_1260.jpg

Very cool. Wish I was there just to watch...

Not like you would be able to hold bottom anyway even if the OSV was open.  Starting the season off with a bang.

4 hours ago, luckyOC said:

looks drummy

Well...I like it rather nasty but this seems to be a bit much.  Besides, you'd hafta throw a brick.  See ya soon!

On 9/1/2018 at 3:13 PM, MC55 said:

Sorry about the quote, I don’t know where it came from or how to get rid of it. Anyways, this is the osv beach on Sunday. The waves were around 6’ or so. We didn’t make it to the boarder, it got soft down closer to the water, and the high water mark was up to the dunes, so we bailed. It was a good display of mother nature’s power. I was gonna go back Thursday maybe, but it looks like that ain’t happening.

F55858C7-3ED0-47CC-A532-2B87F3FD95DB.jpeg

BD33E604-98E9-4E75-8E97-8FA3C059E44E.jpeg

Well this week was a complete bust. Got a few lines wet on Saturday afternoon when we got to AIVA and caught the worlds smallest blue and then a couple of good sized rays. Then the seas got angry. Today I couldn’t take it anymore and tried fishing Toms Cove and fed the crabs...Cutting the trip short and heading home tomorrow and will try again in 3 weeks with hopefully better weather.

The highlight of the trip is that the crabs are more abundant than I’ve seen in a while so we’ll be taking some home tomorrow. 

4 mins ago, linesiderdemdnj said:

Anyone seen any mullet?

I’ve been catching mullet for crab bait and the little bit of fishing I got in this week