September fishing report

Rate this topic

cobblestone

10:45 pm, last Thursday, while paddling from Little Harbor,  live-lining a mackerel from my kayak, in the back channels of New Castle, NH (near Leach's Island) - I came upon a flock of geese feeding in the water.  After counting 100 geese, the second half group of appeared much bigger - so my unscientific "guesstimate" = easily 200+ geese. How could a striper, looking for fish,  tolerate that much goose poop?

Edited by polizonte
Es mejor pescar que ser pescado.

I went out in Little Bay on my kayak late  last night. There was tons of eelgrass, making it super frustrating. It was a slow start to the evening but I eventually got into a bunch of schoolies on plastics and plugs and around 3am about 4 hours into the flood some mid/upper 20” bass on eels. Hoping things start heating up soon!

Yes.  Sunday. We got a few bonito.  Mixed with macs.  First time I saw then in the Kittery area.    Really messed up the sabiki.   , we did well off  Newcastle beach ,, 

But it was slow.  10 fish 24-33 inches   Swimmers. Chunks 

(*member formerly as 'knownjamato')

evan1, my wife's easy requirements: no guts/no gills - leave head, fins, tail, intact. My "adobo", cover and  poach in their own broth - they actually lasted for 2 more meals beyond Friday's lunch. Not very appetizing looking, my preference would be fillets but she says that is too wasteful.   

fullsizeoutput_2c17.jpeg

Es mejor pescar que ser pescado.

12 hours ago, polizonte said:

evan1, my wife's easy requirements: no guts/no gills - leave head, fins, tail, intact. My "adobo", cover and  poach in their own broth - they actually lasted for 2 more meals beyond Friday's lunch. Not very appetizing looking, my preference would be fillets but she says that is too wasteful.   

fullsizeoutput_2c17.jpeg

Oh my. I gotta Chef Ramsey that and say that looks like ****. R you feeding sled dogs? Thats a freezer bag away from being cat food.