VicIII

slow and sear for weber. Great product

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

I have many grills.  Vission, smoker, few webers...  But I found a new set up I love.  I bought a 26in weber and pair it with the Slow and Sear.  https://amazingribs.com/grill-smoker-combination-grill-smoker/slow-n-sear-review

This set up is my new go to.  I love the smoking aspect of how this is set up.  I sous vide so I love the searing...

I think that the Vission I have for smoking is "too efficient" by that I mean not enough smoke rolling over the meat.  (I liked the bark from my side smoker the best till now).  The vision was too efficient to get a good smoke overt the food and never had the bark or dark smoked look to it.  Too close to oven looking.

Now searing after a sous vide is perfect for steak.  Knock out of the park bases loaded perfect.  

Anyway if you love your weber and want to get a great add-on for it to specilize the weber, this is it.

Should last as long as the weber or longer.  Stainless steel made and works as advertised.

48 mins ago, VicIII said:

I have many grills.  Vission, smoker, few webers...  But I found a new set up I love.  I bought a 26in weber and pair it with the Slow and Sear.  https://amazingribs.com/grill-smoker-combination-grill-smoker/slow-n-sear-review... 

Anyway if you love your weber and want to get a great add-on for it to specilize the weber, this is it.

Thanks for posting this.  It looks like a great set up that will expand the capabilities of the weber.

51 mins ago, VicIII said:

I sous vide so I love the searing...

Now searing after a sous vide is perfect for steak.  Knock out of the park bases loaded perfect.  

I couldn't agree with you more about the sous vide /searing a nice steak (among other things) - Out-of-the-Park!  

This set up looks like a quick charcoal sear would be easy with the grill position being very close to hot coals and only a small amount of charcoal needed for the sear. Looks like a winner!

56 mins ago, VicIII said:

Should last as long as the weber or longer.  Stainless steel made and works as advertised.

It isn't cheap...  Do you think the stainless steel used is of a quality that will last?

yes.  Last like a weber.  I flat out use this only since spring when I got it.  It is heavy duty.  I highly recommend it.

Family likes the taste enough to ask what I did differently.  I have seen some year old reviews and all have said it has held up and works as it did new.

Thanks for posting!  Need to pick one up.  I have contemplating getting a smoker and this just made up my mind.  Steve Raichlen was using one on his new show which was on an endless loop this weekend.

Thanks

C