wtfooptimax200

Shoutout to Choopy Lures

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

I just wanted to take a moment to give a shoutout to Charlie at Choopy Lures.  He was very helpful and prompt in answering questions that I had about his products and I’m now the proud owner of 2 of his stubby needlefish.  They look excellent, I can’t wait to get them wet.

Money well spent!

(pic is a stock photo from his website)

Saw the new choooys over last winter at the show .. they were choooys designs but going under name uncle Charlie’s I think .. they looked good.. every show i was bothering him for darters and kept saying they were in the works . Guessing everything went well with the flip and can call them choooys now 

Never had the pleasure of meeting him, but I am a huge fan of his needles and darters.  Choopy is THE best website when it comes to providing real data, esp re needles.  (Maybe that's why I fish so many of them?)

Another shout out for Charlie's help of late, as recently as today.  Yesterday I messaged him via his FB page with a bunch of questions re rigging for three of his needles that I own (2 oz, 1.5 oz and the stubby).  First thing this morning I see his answers start popping up.  We exchanged texts for a few minutes and I had answers to all of my questions.  

Charlie, if you're reading this, thanks again for taking time to patiently address all of my questions.  

Thank you. Thought there was a full on website that I couldn’t find. Few shops near me carry his stuff, I will look around. Been wanted to get my hands on the smaller needle Fish 

Posted (edited) · Report post

34 mins ago, HoldMyBass said:

Thank you. Thought there was a full on website that I couldn’t find. Few shops near me carry his stuff, I will look around. Been wanted to get my hands on the smaller needle Fish 

Pretty sure you'll find him here:

Edited by Darth Baiter

54 mins ago, HoldMyBass said:

He used to have a website.  As I've shared with countless people over the years, it was one of THE best builders' sites IMO.  Very rich with information in the blog section.  My fave remains the video about needlefish sink rates.  (But I never understood why the units he selected was seconds/foot  Easy enough to convert it into fps.)

I have both ends of the size spectrum for Choopys.  Let's year I picked up the 8 inch deep diver that I use on the kayak with solid results.  Then Charlie made me three 4 inch spooks I use on the Delaware which also produce.  He had 3 inch pikies on his table at the Berkeley Striper Club flea market I intended to to go back for and got side tracked.  Hoping he has em this year. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 8/31/2018 at 9:33 PM, Southcoastphil said:

Never had the pleasure of meeting him, but I am a huge fan of his needles and darters.  Choopy is THE best website when it comes to providing real data, esp re needles.  (Maybe that's why I fish so many of them?)

The best website?

Edited by Tymers112
Typo error message