Chunkah

The Golf

Rate this topic

5,050 posts in this topic

3 mins ago, splions said:

Mine looks like this but is probably close to 10 years old. 

8422269F-63CE-4D93-9A63-CF5DE93CEA21.jpeg

Just looking at that makes me a little dizzy :freak: 

1 min ago, cleatis said:

I like about 7 degrees loft on my putter. 

I have no idea what the loft on my putter is but 7 sounds like a lot…you use it to get outta the sand? :squid: 

Look at your old Odyssey putter. You don't have to get rid of it actually makes a great tools for fending off raccoons

Which from what I understand from reading various threads you have a problem with. 

Edited by iphish

4 hours ago, MikeMc said:

Looks like I see 13 different models of spider putters. 

Different hozels, face balanced, toe hang, line alignments, color, length etc.

13 mins ago, iphish said:

Look at your old Odyssey putter. You don't have to get rid of it actually makes a great tools for fending off raccoons

Which from what I understand from reading various threads you have a problem with. 

Nonsense...the outside people are better behaved than most children :beers:

IMG_8363 (1).jpg

IMG_8359 (1).jpg

IMG_8360 (1).jpg

IMG_8362 (1).jpg

That's Eebs feeding a couple trick or treaters :) 

9 mins ago, iphish said:

Different hozels, face balanced, toe hang, line alignments, color, length etc.

There's two kinds of golfers - those that figger out how to use the tools they have - and those that try to find the tools that will help compensate for their shortcomings. And it's no secret which kind folks in the golf equipment retailer world prefer :p I'm stubborn and a little stupid...so I'll keep trying to figger out how to make the stuff I have work :beers:

8 mins ago, Kneel said:

That was the coldest, windiest ****ing round I've ever played. What the hell was I thinking?  :freak: 

Dammit...I didn't play today it was so cold and windy...more the 20mph gusty wind than the cold...but I really didn't even consider it once I went outside this morning. Props for giving it a go :th:

cold weather balls, bunch of articles online sayin we should use lower compression balls in the winter, any truth to that? or just use the same ball year round and adjust for the cold?

35 mins ago, ferret said:

cold weather balls, bunch of articles online sayin we should use lower compression balls in the winter, any truth to that? or just use the same ball year round and adjust for the cold?

I’ll bring a couple inside night before…then keep them in my pocket. Not sure it helps anything, but they don’t feel like rocks like the ones that were in the garage all night :) 

4 hours ago, ferret said:

There are any number of soft compression balls out there to use. most, including women's balls will fall into the 40-65 compression versus 80+, either way keep two in your pocket, play one, and swap with one in the pocket every chance you get.   If you hit your 7 iron 155 yards when it 80 degrees out, your new "soft"  ball will travel about 10 -15% less when it's 40-45 out.

In other words about a whole club off.  

Well, probably my final round today in this neck of the woods anyway. The possibility exists for a day trip to the cape highly dependent on sunshine and air temp, if not the curtain is closing for 2022

This weekend I'll clean my clubs ( Irons, 1 wedge, & driver, and take some pictures to list them on various sites. Every year I sell my irons and driver and get new ones for the following year. The joke at my club is I never get new grips.

I'll be around