Chunkah

The Golf

Rate this topic

5,050 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, TimS said:

and smile every time Carole and her grammy are holding hands

 

The thought of it brings one to mine, too. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kneel said:

A slightly less-than-perfect swing as you would with your inline irons can really translate to some funky **** as the "sweet spot" is not where you would expect it to be. 

The low left screamer I’m talking about has to come off the blade…it’s like a 90% skull…and the direction is heads is a lot like a shank. It’s a complete failure to get the ball on the face, much less anywhere near the sweet spot :beers: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, TimS said:

The low left screamer I’m talking about has to come off the blade…it’s like a 90% skull…and the direction is heads is a lot like a shank. It’s a complete failure to get the ball on the face, much less anywhere near the sweet spot :beers: 

 

Open face and bouncing the heel if the wedge instead of the toe? I'm certainly not gonna tell YOU how to chip :laugh:, but what I try to work on is bouncing the toe of the club when I come around. That way I'm assure there is no divot and all bounce.:th:   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a very weird day off the tee with driver. Usually I'm steady Eddie right down the middle of the fairway whether it's a fade or a slight draw in the fairway. Today I was anything but in the middle of the fairway except for a couple. Good thing the rough was cut short and it wasn't wet.

Screenshot_20221111-144210.png

Edited by iphish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 mins ago, Kneel said:

 

Open face and bouncing the heel if the wedge instead of the toe? I'm certainly not gonna tell YOU how to chip :laugh:, but what I try to work on is bouncing the toe of the club when I come around. That way I'm assure there is no divot and all bounce.:th:   

It’s not a bounce thing, bouncing the club into the ball is a whole different thing that happens once in a while :laugh:

 

This one is more getting stuck between a swing and a chip - I’ll set up like I’m gonna chip it…and my arms over rule me and start a little half swing - and my brain freaks out because it knows the ball is not in the right position to swing - and it ends up coming off the leading edge with an open face. When the ball was positioned to bump the back of it with a closed face - and your hands take the club back and open it a little - my brain panics :freak: 

 

The answer is to never change your mind when you are already over the ball, lol. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MikeMc said:

You getting all those stats from the arcos, right?

Yes, this is just one slide. There are dozens for all fundamentals . I uncharacteristically hit my driver poorly today so I was curious of this particular stat. I did a lot of grinding for pars and really no birdy opportunities. I putted well and chipped well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, iphish said:

I did a lot of grinding for pars and really no birdy opportunities. I putted well and chipped well. 

Lol, that’s my sweet spot when everything is working :laugh: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy is pretty funny in an annoying sort of way, short, sweet and spot on golf instruction. 

 

Hitting out of the bunker by Monolo

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, TimS said:

It’s not a bounce thing, bouncing the club into the ball is a whole different thing that happens once in a while :laugh:

 

This one is more getting stuck between a swing and a chip - I’ll set up like I’m gonna chip it…and my arms over rule me and start a little half swing - and my brain freaks out because it knows the ball is not in the right position to swing - and it ends up coming off the leading edge with an open face. When the ball was positioned to bump the back of it with a closed face - and your hands take the club back and open it a little - my brain panics :freak: 

 

The answer is to never change your mind when you are already over the ball, lol. 

 

the guy with the annoying voice on youtube, "mr short game" was very helpful to me sort out many faults 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2022 at 10:47 AM, Kneel said:

Something to consider for those of you still gung-ho on taking full swings with 50 and 52(and up) degree wedges, while it may work fine, it also may not be the best tool for the job. Modern wedges are mid to high cg with varying sole grinds and bounce. A slightly less-than-perfect swing as you would with your inline irons can really translate to some funky **** as the "sweet spot" is not where you would expect it to be.  This is fine for a touring pro that knows every subtle nuance of their equipment and has cycled countless balls through it and has all those shots in their repertoire, but not so much for us Average Joes. For those 75-125yd shots it makes more sense to attenuate an inline PW or GW to those distances with one predictable FULL swing, then trying to modify your swing to accommodate for an entirely different club in your bag. I know, wedges are a very personal thing and know first hand when I'm 115 out my ego is screaming "full swing that 52 and stick it close, bitch!" its still tough to ignore it, but it's much easier to play the PW and GW from those distances when you have the swing speeds dialed in.  :th:   

I thought a GW was 52*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 mins ago, ferret said:

I thought a GW was 52*

It depends on where your PW resides.....The old-school PW was 48 degrees. Now it can be easily found 44, 43 & even 42 degrees.  Titleist does this, some say so they can sell you an extra club.  The best-selling iron for the past 4 years in a row has a 44.5 degree ( 45) pitching wedge, the gap wedge is 50 deg.

 

Of course, if your gap wedge is 50 then the opposite is true, how about your sand-wedge?  Most sand wedges are 56 degree, That is now 6 degrees of loft between clubs  Gap to SW. If its a problem you can have the lofts bent up or down 1 degree with each club. 

 

My PW is 45, my gap is 50, my sand wedge is 54 and my lob is 58......all with the lowest bounce.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.