The Golf

Rate this topic

Chunkah

10 mins ago, iphish said:

I think I did, she plays a lot of golf with me. She can bomb it, spin, have it check up and read a putt better than some of the guys I play with. 

That’s awesome :th: Mine doesn’t play golf, but she lets me golf, fish, play in the woods, work and burn gas :beers: 

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

11 hours ago, TimS said:

That’s awesome :th: Mine doesn’t play golf, but she lets me golf, fish, play in the woods, work and burn gas :beers: 

Same. I find it easier to just apologize after for all the activities that I enjoy that take a minimum of 4 hours.  I just said to her during dinner last night "WOW. I can't beleive you still like me after all these years."... :freak: 

6 hours ago, Kneel said:

Same. I find it easier to just apologize after for all the activities that I enjoy that take a minimum of 4 hours.  I just said to her during dinner last night "WOW. I can't beleive you still like me after all these years."... :freak: 

Thank the Lord for women and their questionable choices! :beers: 

Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

Also, first round in 9 days today…after all the rain the greens were slower and kinda dinged up. I did play a red numbered Taylormade TP5 that I found for most of the day. Pretty good ball…lotta spin around the green. I may need to find some of them red/white/blue models as I like to see them spin :)  Horrible off the tee…took me nine holes to hit my first GIR :beers: Shot 88 where I’m usually good for 81-83…but, damn, I do enjoy dragging my ass around a golf course with good company and nice cloudy weather…even when I start off with a triple :blackeye: 

36 mins ago, Kneel said:

:laugh:  Really!  And I was being completely sincere. It's gonna be 27 years married and she's known me for at least 36 years. You know me. I certainly aint no walk in the park... :freak: 

Hey, you know me and I’m still married after 26 years as well - our wives should be sainted!  :beers: 

Got in 22 holes yesterday afternoon. I did skip the first par three as there was a foursome on it and I was a single. Gave myself a bogie on the card. :D 

I did play it again, pin high just off the green. Proceed to hit a chip wit hthe toe of the club across and off the other side. It was pretty dark by this time so that's my excuse. :D 

Only missed two fairways with my driver in the first 18, and one of those was the 18th. Even hit a few greens, but really need to work on my long approach shots. 

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around. 

13 mins ago, ferret said:

20221027_145034.jpg.71826ae1f44cd18a041a45e1d1040dea.jpg

Very appealing…love the dark green grass with the leaves…looks like it opens up nice down there…and the lake in the background is just icing on the cake :clap: 

Played Shark River this morning, everything was soaking wet again like yesterday morning. Makes the greens so much slower…and that makes them break so much less than you are used to. Makes chips stop much faster than usual. Makes approaches stick rather than release. And they are a little fuzzy cause I guess they haven’t been able to get the machines on them the past few days. I need a round soon with the greens firm and fast :beers: 

It's fall so there's some crazy tournaments out there at my club. Today I played in a tournament featuring 18 holes of golf. However you were allowed six throws. Each throw was free so if you were in the trap you could throw it up on the green. If you were in the rough you could throw it in the fairway. If you were behind a tree you could throw it off to the side. If you had a 20 ft. Putt and you putted it 18 ft. You could throw it into the hole. Today it was sunny and warm. Not a lot of wind with my six throws I shot 73

It was one throw per hole

Edited by iphish