Chunkah

The Golf

Rate this topic

4,337 posts in this topic

#18. We had seats right behind the green in an air conditioned booth.  Free food and booze.  Had a great time!

F1DA0EC2-0F5C-447B-BB38-8D5BD4230184.jpeg

F93991D9-F3B1-4501-8486-41781B515FA7.jpeg

Posted (edited)

We shot -9 at the scramble. -13 won it. 

black Bear is a pleasure to play. Not at all that difficult and in nice shape. Traps were bare and rocky. That’s the only negative. 

I really need to get up there and play all the Crystal Springs courses. Heard good things. 

Oh and a bonus… my buddy who I play with once or twice a year has a rocket balls driver that I always hit good. It just feel comfortable. It’s barely used as he golfs with me once or twice and that’s it. Lol.  I finally convinced him to sell it to me. Throw him a Benjamin and it’s now in my bag. :) 

Peace 

Edited by ErikT

Posted (edited)

I played that course once years ago. Our Carlstadt facility use to have an outing there. They even put us up in rooms. Unfortunately that was the last year they had it. 

Edited by MikeMc

Played my worst ( one of them anyway) of the year. First round of club championship....still tied for 4th.

Take aways:  hot as hell with a late tee time, sun was brutal. Ultra fast greenes and unusually tough pins. 5h:20m round.

Just a brutal round, heat I can take, watching a 19 handicapper plum bob for double bogie or more is the worse.......round 2 tomorrow, 5 back from the lead.

One stroke off for 2nd place....I've played the last 5 days in a row with brutal heat and humidity. I don't even want to play for a couple of days.

Won skin of mine held up all weekend for $380

I played yesterday at Sea Oaks which is now known as LBI National….I liked it better as Sea Oaks, the greens were better :squid: They aren’t horrible, but for the price they should be at least decent. Hotter than hades, even took a cart…my drives were all over the place but my brother Brett shot 37 on the front…I like to watch good golf when I’m playing like it’s my first time :bucktooth:

It’s gonna be too hot and humid to play until like Friday :dismay: 

We had a Hawaiin Open Sunday. 6-6-6 format with Scramble, Texas, and own ball. Other than the scramble take the 2 best scores every hole. Big party afterwards. Fun times.

Now tomorrow league is my least favorite - 3 club. Hate it so bad I might stay at work. Gotta go back and close afterwards anyway so can't even drink to make it interesting.

Game is hard enough. Whoever thought of removing 11 clubs should be hung up by the short n curlies.

21 mins ago, cleatis said:

Driver sand wedge putter.  Right?

Only problem with that is prox on the two par 3's is the highest $$ payout in the league. About twice what the winning scores get. $1 a person goes into each par 3 and we usually have 75-80 players. 

I'm not great at bunting a driver 160 yards. 

51 mins ago, cleatis said:

Driver sand wedge putter.  Right?

If I had to pick three, it would definitely be my 2 rescue, 8 iron and 54 degree wedge. Never even thought about trying to play with three clubs...probably make an interesting day :laugh:

4 hydrid, 8 iron and putter 

You will use your putter at least 1 2 or 3 times per hole. 

Meanwhile Cam Smith will be joining LIV for 100 million, according to some reports

6 mins ago, iphish said:

Meanwhile Cam Smith will be joining LIV for 100 million, according to some reports

Geez, how do you say no to that kind of money? 

18 mins ago, iphish said:

4 hydrid, 8 iron and putter 

You will use your putter at least 1 2 or 3 times per hole. 

That makes sense...but I can't imagine playing a round of golf without my 54 :scared: