Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
saltfisherman

Walking on the beach

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

There are now news clips telling you not to walk barefoot on the beach. They are concerned about the fish bones and spines that aren’t easily visible to your eye. You are being asked to wear some style of cover to protect the bottom of your feet. 

I know one thing those darn catfish spines do hurt like hell. I had one live catfish get me months ago in the thumb and it burned for 3 hours. At first I was sweating a lot, so much so I swore it was right through my shorts. It’s been years since I sucked my thumb but it was the only method to get the thumb cleaned from the spine. 

5 mins ago, saltfisherman said:

There are now news clips telling you not to walk barefoot on the beach. They are concerned about the fish bones and spines that aren’t easily visible to your eye. You are being asked to wear some style of cover to protect the bottom of your feet. 

Pathetic

1 hour ago, saltfisherman said:

I know one thing those darn catfish spines do hurt like hell. I had one live catfish get me months ago in the thumb and it burned for 3 hours. At first I was sweating a lot, so much so I swore it was right through my shorts. It’s been years since I sucked my thumb but it was the only method to get the thumb cleaned from the spine. 

I dropped a small catfish on my bare toe down there while unhooking.  Hot water took away the bad pain, but it still burned for days.   It's unbelievable what those things can inflict.   All I did was feed it some shrimp and put a little hole in its mouth.    

We haven’t stepped on the beach for two months. Used to love to have dinner on the beach. Pack a cooler, chairs and small table, couple cocktails later and it made a great way to end a day after work. Very relaxing. 

Last time if fished the bay was in july. It does give me all the wonderful time i need to go through my tackle and do a good organization. Rather have it in disarray but it is was it is today. 

Next weekend is the song writers festival in Ft Myers beach fri eve, sat and Sunday. This we will go to and we already have intentions of bringing some masks with us if need be. The music is outside, not on the actual beach itself. Fun event in different venues, it should bring some needed dollars to the area too. Sanibel has the event this weekend and they got rid of the toll for two hours on sat and Sunday.