Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
reel em in

City of Sanibel #20 Beach Status Report

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Thanks for the post!  Yours truly has been very sick for the past few weeks due to this "Red Tide" and quite frankly, I strongly do not recommend anyone venturing to Sanibel or its nearby areas (Fort Myers and Cape Coral).  In truth, this is not just red tide... It is a combination of this new man made "Blue / Green Algae Bloom" and it is highly toxic and they are still releasing millions of gallons of this toxic bloom! Tourism is down, there are millions of dead fish, and record dead dolphins, Turtles and protected gamefish (Goliath Grouper) and it also collapsed the regional Snook and Red fish biomass. Currently there is a Federal wildlife officials opened an investigation to why this is happening.  I am assure you the problem is real, and there is no shortage of corruption and greed by political players and big business. Stay tuned!  

3 hours ago, Crazy Alberto said:

Thanks for the post!  Yours truly has been very sick for the past few weeks due to this "Red Tide" and quite frankly, I strongly do not recommend anyone venturing to Sanibel or its nearby areas (Fort Myers and Cape Coral).  In truth, this is not just red tide... It is a combination of this new man made "Blue / Green Algae Bloom" and it is highly toxic and they are still releasing millions of gallons of this toxic bloom! Tourism is down, there are millions of dead fish, and record dead dolphins, Turtles and protected gamefish (Goliath Grouper) and it also collapsed the regional Snook and Red fish biomass. Currently there is a Federal wildlife officials opened an investigation to why this is happening.  I am assure you the problem is real, and there is no shortage of corruption and greed by political players and big business. Stay tuned!  

Just a suggestion Al , I would go to the nearest hospital get checked out / evaluation/ exam  Have an official document made out by the hospital physician and signed If there are any medications that you need there might be a possible reimbursement for your medications / medical bills in the future . I’m very sure there will be a group to challenge the states judgement on how this has all been handled . But mostly have your health monitoring by you . 

Good Luck 

6 hours ago, Crazy Alberto said:

First off I wish you a full recovery. I have 20 of these beach status emails and if they can help you out in any way just let me know. I was going back to Sanibel in Oct and February but your post just told me NOPE I AM NOT GOING.

Good luck and a full recovery.

Edited by reel em in

Crazy Al, feel better. Wishing you the best. 

Reel, if and when you ever get yourself down here keep me in mind. Let’s get together for a beer if nothing else. Of, course fishing would be a great substitute too if the beer isn’t an option. I have two kayaks and you’d be more than welcome to use one. 

Same goes for anyone else when this clears out. Hit me up, let’s get together. 

21 hours ago, saltfisherman said:

Crazy Al, feel better. Wishing you the best. 

Reel, if and when you ever get yourself down here keep me in mind. Let’s get together for a beer if nothing else. Of, course fishing would be a great substitute too if the beer isn’t an option. I have two kayaks and you’d be more than welcome to use one. 

Same goes for anyone else when this clears out. Hit me up, let’s get together. 

Very nice gesture.  See what the future holds.

Tom

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 7:11 PM, reel em in said:

First off I wish you a full recovery. I have 20 of these beach status emails and if they can help you out in any way just let me know. I was going back to Sanibel in Oct and February but your post just told me NOPE I AM NOT GOING.

Good luck and a full recovery.

Reel - Thank you.  I try not to be too alarming about this problem,  but it is apparent the governor and media are turning their back on this issue. I've also been posting this on my personal social media platforms to keep everyone in the loop because it has gone beyond the "fishing" realms to which people's health is at high risk! When you see our habitat being destroyed, turtles -dolphins- and big endangered fish dying all within a matter of few months. You know it's not the normal "Red Tide". After digging in deeper with what is happening, I found the clean water system has been deregulated and to add matters worse, there were 12 cancerous unchecked chemicals being allowed into the system.  With that, it is apparent big business and corruption is being covered up AND people's lifestyle is at risk. 

3 hours ago, Crazy Alberto said:

Reel - Thank you.  I try not to be too alarming about this problem,  but it is apparent the governor and media are turning their back on this issue. I've also been posting this on my personal social media platforms to keep everyone in the loop because it has gone beyond the "fishing" realms to which people's health is at high risk! When you see our habitat being destroyed, turtles -dolphins- and big endangered fish dying all within a matter of few months. You know it's not the normal "Red Tide". After digging in deeper with what is happening, I found the clean water system has been deregulated and to add matters worse, there were 12 cancerous unchecked chemicals being allowed into the system.  With that, it is apparent big business and corruption is being covered up AND people's lifestyle is at risk. 

Powerful message from Crazy Alberto himself.  

The best to be sarcastic is our local media outlets are now posting the conditions are getting better and come enjoy the beaches. 

Wink news is getting blasted on facebook. The pictures of a joking nature but quite truthful in reality are the best. People dressed in hazmat in beach chair, dead people lining the beaches instead of the fish. 

The Island paper is doing the same reporting. 

They know the winter season is coming and if this persists as it will this area will be completely dead to tourism. They are trying to make it something it’s not. This is not safe to be in the water. I still don’t understand what people think, it’s ok today but yesterday tons of dead fish were just there. 

7 hours ago, Crazy Alberto said:

Thank you for the information. Very much so appreciated.