bigfish4me

Kids and thunder

Rate this topic

70 posts in this topic

My step daughter and daughter from my first marriage really didn't have too many problems with it.... the twins ain't digging it at all... what the hell do you tell 2 three year olds to calm them down when the thunder is booming and they are freaking?... the girls bought the angels are bowling and when there's lightning it's because one got a strike.... not working with the boys. .

11 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

Tell them the truth.

Tell them the lightning causes the thunder.

Tell them the thunder cannot hurt them no matter how loud it might be.

Sure... then I'll follow that up with explaining the theory or relativity to 2 terrified 3 year olds. 

8 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

Never an issue with the kids. 

Dogs. That’s another story, entirely. 

New one for me.... hate to see em scared, just searching for a way to make them not .

Just now, bigfish4me said:

Sure... then I'll follow that up with explaining the theory or relativity to 2 terrified 3 year olds. 

Then start with the thunder cannot hurt them.

Pique their interest.

4 mins ago, MikeMc said:

Now I feel bad for my post :( 

It's heart wrenching.... not bringing them into our bed... once you start that crap it never ends... we have had a bunch of violent storms the past 6 weeks or so and it's been rough on em.

2 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

Then start with the thunder cannot hurt them.

Pique their interest.

Just messing with ya dude.... I'm trying all angles and getting no where, the ole lady wants to bring em to our room and I won't budge on it.  It's a work in progress 

8 mins ago, bigfish4me said:

Just messing with ya dude.... I'm trying all angles and getting no where, the ole lady wants to bring em to our room and I won't budge on it.  It's a work in progress 

They probably feel safe besides you ? Maybe if they watch/hear thunder from open and safe of course   place , will help ? 

50 mins ago, bigfish4me said:

New one for me.... hate to see em scared, just searching for a way to make them not .

Did you do the “ god is bowling”

thing? Worked on my brother. 

Nevermind read the entire op. Lol. While it’s going down isn’t the time to go with that. 

Edited by HugeDinghy

I would stand with the kids safely behind the window, and watch the storm with them.

If they are really brave let them stand outside under the porch, and feel the power of the storm.

Kids at 3 are sponges, and can learn amazing things if you spend the time at it.

Have hem count the time between the lightening, and the thunder, and divide by 5.

Let the kids know that it is 10 miles away, or what ever, all the way over by the store, or a friend's house.

Edited by dena