Why Do People Get Married?

Rate this topic

ByronPA

It’s god’s punishment to us men for the stupid things we do in life. 

It still works for a lot of people but like the Catholic Church, it’s out dated.

Edited by JMB

If you use eclairs in your example, he will get it right away. MikeMc

4 mins ago, Scallywag said:

My wife and I say all the time, there really isn't any reason for people to be married, including us. It does make it easier for people as far as legal stuff and benefits go. 

Didn't matter to me. My wife is my best friend. 

Afraid his wife is lurking ^^^

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around. 

18 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

im old school so I did it the old fashioned way by knocking her up. 

3 mins ago, CapeDave said:

x2 /\

Just now, chitala383 said:

Same here :beers:

Yes, a common reason I suppose. But again, these days, lots of folks have kids outside of marriage. Many of them go on to be good parents. Probably as many good parents out there that are single as there are that are married..

I would think that some men get married for religious reasons.  Others because they lost most of their livestock due to disease, famine or drought.  

Edited by Jettyhound

"If you want to consider what 'social security' does for and to people, look at the American Indian." -Henry Ford

"If I could live my life over, I'd live it over Giglio's B&T." -Bud E. Brown

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

35 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

we didn't get married right away.

it was the second time that I knocked her up that we made it official. 

if some is good, more is better :laugh:

(since shes Italian a moor is bitter typo would have been funny)

36 mins ago, ByronPA said:

Yes, a common reason I suppose. But again, these days, lots of folks have kids outside of marriage. Many of them go on to be good parents. Probably as many good parents out there that are single as there are that are married..

We're actually not married yet. 2 kids and we're still only engaged. We were gonna get married last year but her father got sick and we decided to wait for now. We'll make it official next year. Mine's Italian too. Half anyway, that other half Greek.

1 min ago, chitala383 said:

We were gonna get married last year but her father got sick and we decided to wait for now. We'll make it official next year

Well, congrats. But a serious question; How will getting married make your life better, happier or improve it? I mean, what will marriage get you that you don't have now? 

5 mins ago, Beachbuster said:

At the time I got married my pecker was still making most of my decisions.

And now it just hangs down and watches you tie your shoes, huh? 

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around. 

20 mins ago, ByronPA said:

Well, congrats. But a serious question; How will getting married make your life better, happier or improve it? I mean, what will marriage get you that you don't have now? 

Not shot or machetee'd.

i was living overseas and i was introduced to a nice girl from a nice family.