Thunnus 6000 - first edition

Rate this topic

hammah

I am unable to find any info on the original Thunnus 6000. I used to have on and recall that it was very heavy. anyone still have one and can tell me what the weight of it is? just curious and there is a debate going on with another site that I am on. Guys on there are too young to remember the original one.  Thanks

9 hours ago, Flatheadfletch said:

I have two 6000F's and one 12000F. I also have the 4500b's and a couple 6500b's. The b models are lighter but their just collecting dust. The f's are a sweet machine and for chunking you don't notice the weight, their the only baitrunners I use !!!  Love them

They are also sweet for casting distance. I have 5 6000f 2 each of the 120000 and 16000fs and never leave home without them. Total workhorses. Weight does not bother me as I don't use these for casting lures, just for bait fishing.:hooked: And like Flathead said, I too have the baitrunner b's as nothing more then backups or for the yak

live everyday as if it is your last, it just might be

2 hours ago, bstriping said:

They are also sweet for casting distance. I have 5 6000f 2 each of the 120000 and 16000fs and never leave home without them. Total workhorses. Weight does not bother me as I don't use these for casting lures, just for bait fishing.:hooked: And like Flathead said, I too have the baitrunner b's as nothing more then backups or for the yak

Yes sir. Dead on. I'm jealous. Their hard to find !!!!!!

Damn.....awesome thread to pop up.  Strange timing in it too.

One of my favorite reels.

I just had it apart comparing it to the New Spinfisher that I shipped out to a very abusive fishermen in Elias V Who is going to be torture testing it.

I think comparing it to the best baitrunner style reel ever made in that of the OG Thunnus was a worthy comparision because when you look at the Baitrunner d and the current thunnus....they're best on the market.  But really don't offer anything special.

That OG thunnus was a tank for sure.  Long handle, big gears, great casting.   Paladin gearing before Paladin was used in marketing....same with X ship too.

CRBB's and Ti line roller.  It could come out tomorrow and be modern (would need a foam knob though :) )

That new spinfisher LL has some potential...and it comes in more varieties of sizes.  And lays line better than some shimanos while weighing less....

and it's bait runner functions almost like a lever drag...(don't know why but I have a feeling it can prove to be more universal than other bait runners....)

Sorry for rambling....but figured it related in some sorta way.

Man I love those OG Thunnus....Had a blast workin on Sudsy's  awhile back...Fun little grenades there were to work on down to the frame.

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims