Harf

Calif wants courthouses and schools to be "safe zones” for illegal immigrants

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

President Trump disagrees:th:

ICE arrests in courtrooms escalate feud between California and Trump administration over immigration policy

Yovanny Ontiveros-Cebreros arrived at the Sacramento courthouse expecting to plead not guilty to felony drug charges and be allowed to go home. His attorney had said that was standard procedure.

Instead, an immigration agent approached the 38-year-old after his arraignment and put him in handcuffs, saying he was wanted for unlawful reentry into the United States.

With the Trump administration pushing for speedier deportations and hard-line immigration enforcement, California officials have tried to ensure that state courthouses — along with schools and hospitals — remain "safe zones” so that witnesses and crime victims, among others, won’t be afraid to come forward.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials maintain that making arrests in court in some ways is preferable because it provides a secure environment, where there’s no risk their target will be armed. ICE officials place the blame for more frequent arrests being made in courthouses on the policy meant to stop that from happening: California’s landmark "sanctuary” law.

Make the arrests any and everywhere they can.  CA can take their share of the national debt and secede.  Maybe hook up with Venezuela.  After they build a lot more desalinization plants.

55 mins ago, Harf said:

President Trump disagrees:th:

ICE arrests in courtrooms escalate feud between California and Trump administration over immigration policy

Yovanny Ontiveros-Cebreros arrived at the Sacramento courthouse expecting to plead not guilty to felony drug charges and be allowed to go home. His attorney had said that was standard procedure.

Instead, an immigration agent approached the 38-year-old after his arraignment and put him in handcuffs, saying he was wanted for unlawful reentry into the United States.

With the Trump administration pushing for speedier deportations and hard-line immigration enforcement, California officials have tried to ensure that state courthouses — along with schools and hospitals — remain "safe zones” so that witnesses and crime victims, among others, won’t be afraid to come forward.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials maintain that making arrests in court in some ways is preferable because it provides a secure environment, where there’s no risk their target will be armed. ICE officials place the blame for more frequent arrests being made in courthouses on the policy meant to stop that from happening: California’s landmark "sanctuary” law.

Who cares... break the law pay the price! Democrats had all the opportunity to change the law when the illegitimate(Bill Clinton's word) one was President, they had both houses of Government and did nothing! Why do they care now?

1 min ago, Mike S123 said:

Crazy!

Although I feel for the innocent youth who have to bear witness. In the schools that is.   

They'll live.

5 mins ago, Mike S123 said:

Crazy!

Although I feel for the innocent youth who have to bear witness. In the schools that is.   

Agree, ICE can wait until they come out. NBD

3 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

youd think both sides could at least agree on courts being a great place to pick up illegals. 

No, because Trump.

Libs can't agree with anything Trump.

5 mins ago, patchyfog said:

I think that churches should be safe, at least for a while.

Churches should have no say with regard to the enforcement of Law.  Any church caught hiding illegals should be treated as any institution that is caught "harboring criminals."

8 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

Churches should have no say with regard to the enforcement of Law.  Any church caught hiding illegals should be treated as any institution that is caught "harboring criminals."

I consider that one justified under Freedom of Religion.

I think that everybody has their own concept of Freedom of Religion, and that falls into mine. But I respect yours as valid too.